Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First light for new kit

astrosathya

A very rushed "First Light" image of my new kit. Many friends here know what I've recently purchased, but officially here is the announcement. Its a QHY9 Monochrome CCD camera with a Slim filter wheel for 7 x 36mm round filters. There are also LRGB Ha OIII and SII filters purchased. I also got a QHY5L-II guider and some other adapters to fit the whole thing together. After a couple tries, first light was last night and i've deviated from the M42 aka Orion Nebula image. This is the Rosette Nebula (Caldwell 49), and its associated cluster NGC2244 are approximately 5000 light years away in the Monoceros Constellation. Image is a stack of 18x300s in H-alpha lights, no darks and flats taken. Stacked using Median method in Deep Sky Stacker and quickly processed in Photoshop using only crop, levels, curves and unsharp mask. C&C are more than welcome.

Rosettetest2.jpg

On 2/4/2017 at 03:47, PatrickGilliland said:

As discussed elsewhere no x4 binning next time :) .  Get that first set of data based on this set you will be onto a winner i suspect.  

Paaddy

Yes Ofcourse Paddy. :p

That was on Amateur Astrophotography ezine FB page :)

Archived