Narrowband

Sharpcap

jaygpoo

Hi gang, I have just brought a secondhand ZWO ASI178MC ccd camera. Yes I know it is mainly for planet imaging but it can take up to 1000sec exposures. So as it does not have its own software ,sharpcap and firecapture are used. Both of which I have had little experience of. So I tried for a while tonight but had to give up. In sharpcap HOW do you set it to take for example 20 x 30sec exposures with a 2 sec delay? In Firecapture I can not see any way to take single exposures of a timed sequence. Could anybody give me a work plan to go by as I know that loads of guys use the programmes to do what I am trying to do.   A little help needed by someone who must be thick.  Jay

With Sharpcap:-

i) set the exposure required in the exposure window on right hand side,

ii)then Select 'start capture' from menu,

iii) then check 'single frame' button and check the 'capture a sequence' checkbox

iv) set 'sequence length' =the number of frames you want to capture and 'interval between captures' =  the delay between them

v) press the 'start' button.

hope this helps

Neil

• 3 weeks later...

Archived