30 secs banner.jpg

Children's Event with Norwich Astronomical Society

A quick reminder to those of you in South Norfolk and North Suffolk that this Saturday is the yearly "Children's Event". This year NorwichAS will be joined by the East Anglian Rocketry Society, the British Science Association and Plan Eat Save from Norfolk County Council! Talks, Rocket making / Launching, a Minecraft tour and lots more.

Thanks,

Chris

IMG_0998.JPG

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MarsG76
      NGC 6334, an emission nebula and star-forming region located in the constellation Scorpius, also known as the Cat's Paw Nebula, Bear Claw Nebula or Gum 64. The nebula lies at an estimated distance of about 4,350 light-years from Earth.
      This image was taken from my backyard in Bortle 4-5 skies through a 80mm refractor at F6.25 (500mm focal length) with a QHY268M camera through 7nm H-Alpha, SII and OIII narrowband filters.
      Total exposure time was 18 hours and 15 minutes. Subs captured were HII: 15x600s OIII: 21x1200s and SII: 15x1800s @ HGC:62 on multiple nights between 31st May & 11 June 2021.
    • By MarsG76
      Hello Astronomers,
      There was a (near) total lunar eclipse last week and I happened to be lucky enough to be on the right side of the planet to see it in it's entirety....
      These images were taken with a stock Canon 7D DSLR attached to my 14" Skywatcher GOTO Dobsonian.... I had my 8" SCT setup to observe it along with the binoculars... what a fantastic night.
      I'll tell you that the eclipsed moon viewed through the C8 with the TV 31mm Nagler Type 5 eyepiece is a amazing sight... the full disc of the rusty moon, some stars sprinkled around it and witnessing a star being occulted by the red moon was something else.

Clear Skies,
      MG 

• By MarsG76
      The Carina Nebula (NGC 3372) also known as the Grand Nebula, Great Nebula in Carina, or Eta Carinae Nebula, is a large complex area of bright and dark nebulosity in the constellation Carina.
      The nebula lies at an estimated distance between 6,500 and 10,000 light-years from Earth.
      This image was taken from my backyard in Bortle 4-5 skies through a 80mm refractor at F6.25 (500mm focal length) with a QHY268M camera through 7nm H-Alpha, SII and OIII filters.
      Total exposure time was 5 hour and 50 minutes. Subs captured were HII: 12x600s OIII: 2x600s & 4x900s SII: 10x900s @ HCG:62 on 18th May 2021.
    • By MarsG76
      This is my first image created using my new camera.
      This is NGC3603 and NGC3576 (AKA The "Statue of Liberty" nebula), a massive H-Alpha region containing a very compact open cluster, located in the constellation "Carina" about 20,000LY away.
      I took this photo on multiple nights, between 7th - 17th May 2021. Imaged using a QHY268M attached to a 80mm f6.25 refractor on a equatorial mount.
      Total exposure time was 25 Hours and 35 minutes using 7nm HII, OIII and SII Narrowband filters... imaged from a bortle 4-5 semi rural sky.

HII: 3x600s, 12x900s & 8x1200s subs
      OIII: 18x900s & 11x1800s subs
      SII: 21x900s, 2x1200s & 7x1800s @ HCG:62
    • By StarPrincess
      Moon Surface with AstroDinsk
      23 April 2021 21:35
      Celestron Nexstar 6SE
      ZWO ASI astrocamera 462mc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.