Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NEW Celestron CGX-L GEQ Mount

FLO

Celestron have revealed a new larger more heavy-duty version of their recently released CGX mount.

The new Celestron CGX-L offers an impressive 34 kg (75 lb) load capacity! 

celestron_cgx-l_mount.jpg

Like the CGX, the larger CGX-L has conveniently placed carry handles for portability (relatively speaking, this is still a large mount) and convenient setup. Features include larger 144 mm diameter worm wheels, accessory ports conveniently built into the dovetail saddle, an auto-guider port, internal cabling and a longer (270mm) dual-saddle for higher rigidity and stability when carrying large OTAs. Also like the CGX, the CGX-L features built-in home and limit sensors that prevent damage should you forget to lock the mount. 

The belt-driven drive system uses high torque motors and belt-driven spring-loaded gears for smooth tracking and minimal backlash. 

The mount is listed at our website, we have provided as much info as we can but will update our product description and this thread when we know more. 

We don't yet have an ETA or price but we predict it will retail at around £3,500. 

1 hour ago, iapa said:

Do we know if Celestron are saying that that 75lb payload is imaging capacity as they did for the CGX?

I didn't notice in this video.

We asked them the same question :smile: 

Will post again when we have their response. 

Saving has commenced. If the quoted load for the CGX-L is not imaging load, which Celestron stated was the case for the CGX in their videos, then I still have a fund for something else.

I seem to be getting the habit of upgrading my mount each year - which seems daft as I;v never managed any decent images :cussing:

one day :happy7::angryfire:

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/02/2017 at 14:22, FLO said:

In The Promo video I just now watched,  the presenter did state that 75 Lbs was load capacity for the Mount.
Whether or not that covers it  for Imaging too was not stated though.
Sure looks a classy piece of engineering for sure.

2 hours ago, FLO said:

No, no news yet, but the smaller CGX is faring very well so we are quietly confident :smile: 

:)

CGX doesn't look, yet, like a whorthwile upgrade for me just now. Although just the fact that the stated payload is imaging load does move it positively :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/02/2017 at 13:01, iapa said:

Do we know if Celestron are saying that that 75lb payload is imaging capacity as they did for the CGX?

On 02/02/2017 at 14:22, FLO said:

Celestron confirmed today their quoted payloads are for imaging :smile: 

HTH, 

Steve 

Archived