Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ASCOM 6.3 update released

Oddsocks

For those that may have missed this an update to ASCOM platform version 6.3 was released on 17 Jan 2017.

Several components updated, new Windows 10 installer (post Anniversary edition) that fixes many Windows 10 installation issues, enhanced .NET support and updated MS Visual Studio templates.

Added support for safety monitors and observing conditions interfaces, extended support for new astronomy applications and drivers that have appeared since ASCOM version 6.2 was released.

http://ascom-standards.org/Downloads/Index.htm

Yes, I decided to upgrade a few days ago after being forced to solve a memory leak on my obsey PC - 99% physical memory consumed with the PC idle ! - it turned out to be a Java process that had suddenly decided to self replicate :hello:

Anyway, the latest version of the ASCOM platform appears to be stable and is working well with my other software.

Alan

15 hours ago, stepping beyond said:

Do you think this might  Help?

I don't use PHD2 so I can't answer that, it probably would do no harm to try but it is more likely that the QHY5 IIM driver (or PHD2) is the problem rather than ASCOM, if you are using Windows 10 then the ASCOM 6.3 release does fix several issues.

I happened to check mine a couple of weeks ago and it was up to date. Then after seeing your post I checked it again... still up to date.

So I think I'm good. But Thank You!

Oh, well, I went to ASCOM and did download the newest version 6.3. It updated the previous 6.2

So although it was telling me it was up to date, 6.2 was, but it has to be manually updated to 6.3

Thanks Oddsocks.

Archived