Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Another play time in the garden

Nathan UK

As the nights turned into morning the clouds seemed to of drifted off making the sky clear once again,

let the dog out to do his business in the garden and there's Jupiter egging me on ,

looking down at me tempting me to get my scope out and take a peek,

maybe even take a picture while I'm there?

Then I heard Nathan hurry up and let the dog in I want to go to bed...

????????????

naaa I will follow you in love!!

straight on to Jupiter,

first at x65 then to x162.5.

i could see a few bands around the eye piece after a short while of eye adjustment then I thought to myself attach my iPhone and take a few images and a video.

i did take a couple of shots the other day but they were really badly exposed (I did show you guys). 

The images aren't the best....

there only single shot and I'm still playing with exposure and Iso settings,

i also don't own a motor drive (ones coming soon) so I couldn't do long exposures for more detail as I'm waiting for that but anyway here they are below,

rubbish compared to the ones on here but I'm happy for my 2nd go with no motor drive,no long exposure and no image stacking?

Nathan

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

2 minutes ago, ronl said:

For a phone shot I'd say they are quite good, especially with no motors, I had a look

at Jupiter myself this morning, conditions where not ideal. 

Thanks mate , I suppose they will only get better when I get my motor drive for longer exposures and I have played with the settings abit more ....

And using a iPhone I don't expect the best images anyway so I'm happy so far, 

my neighbours light was on as well which made not the best viewing a little worse but I had fun anyway the missus isn't too pleased tho me making her go to bed alone haha.

Just now, ronl said:

Motors will make a difference, hope you get the results you are after.

Enjoy and Clear Sky's.

Thanks Ron, I know I will be happy either way... I don't have intentions of getting into AP , using this method I'm just having a cheap bit of fun . 

Im going for a dob when I out grow this SWE130P.

nice to speak to you anyway mate,

catch ya later 

Nathan

Archived