SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jellyfish Ha Widefield

wxsatuser

Great image. There's a lot going on in this region. I guess you'll have colour data rolling in soon as well? It works great in mono, but I can imagine a stunning, colourful widefield of these dso's.

29 minutes ago, wimvb said:

Great image. There's a lot going on in this region. I guess you'll have colour data rolling in soon as well? It works great in mono, but I can imagine a stunning, colourful widefield of these dso's.

Already got that, there is 1.5gb of data on this target, just need time to get my head round it.

It's quite overwhelming when the data rolls in and shortly weather permitting my own setup should be producing data.

I'm just nipping down the obsy to fit the Samyang 135mm back on the mount, now the motor focuser is fitted.
Got a few tweaks to do to the Lacerta guider, hopefully the back focus on the lens/ccd is ok, it's set to bang on 45mm.
It was 3mm short when I tested a few nights a go but Telescope Express rushed me a 3mm spacer, so fingers crossed.

It's nice when data is rolling in, isn't it. I consider visiting the Hubble archives, just to get my hands on some. There was supposed to be an opening in the clouds this evening, but someone up there must have patched that gap. Or someone down here must have bought some serious astro gear.

Archived