Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New arrival Mr mesu

harry page

Congrats on your mount! What saddle plate are you using? I'm going to a single scope setup until my refractor issues get resolved. All the ones I have locally are too close to the mount to allow you to tighten knobs.

Thanks.

Mike

2 minutes ago, Mcrogers1 said:

Congrats on your mount! What saddle plate are you using? I'm going to a single scope setup until my refractor issues get resolved. All the ones I have locally are too close to the mount to allow you to tighten knobs.

Thanks.

Mike

Use a Geoptik saddle but take the knobs off and replace with Allen bolts

http://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/geoptik-universal-dual-load-mounting-saddle-plate.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi

well This is probaley the worst image I have posted for a long time , tilted focal plane . tak not collimated well , spacing from reducer wrong

only 3 10min Ha subs next to 3/4 moon before the clouds rolled in

BUT I got the mesu going :)   SGP talked to the mount and PHD did the guiding ok :headbang:

A few little niggles left , mainley being using the mesu with the encoders connected did not work well -- seemed to be slewing forever and seemed to be bouncing back and forth around the target

even in polite mode , so I switched them off all went well ( sgp sent the mesu to 1 pix precision )

More practice required

Regards

Harry

NoName00_DBE.jpg

On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 14:07, tony210 said:

Hi Harry - love your pier!- not sure it would fit in my observatory though as too small but a great idea - how did you source it? - best wishes Tony

Hi

Sorry for slow reply

The pier is a bit of DIY , made it up as I went along -- what I do most of the time as I am not bright enough

to work it out before :)

Harry

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
8 hours ago, Mcrogers1 said:

I just ordered the same plate and would like to know what size allen bolts you use and how long they are. Thank you.

I looked at one of my bolts from the same Geoptik mounting plate. They are M8 x 30mm long.

Steve

20171016_191143.thumb.jpg.a40d8f393dc720814c96e0c88e2576de.jpg

• 5 years later...
On 26/04/2017 at 19:56, harry page said:

Hi

So rebuilt the old newt and mounted here up , Having a few balance problems and a bit more slippage in dec than I like ( ra seems fine )

all we need is clear skies :)

Harry

20170426_194059.jpg

Wow good luck with the little newt! How have you been getting on with the mount? 

Curious to see what your long clamp screws look like and how your ROR works. Im thinking about adapting a standard pent roof shed to roll off (and hopefully roll back again) 

Wayne

IMG-20230713-WA0003.jpeg