SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

New arrival Mr mesu

harry page

Hi All

A batch of mesu 200 have arrived in the Uk so I am not the only one with a new toy :)

A real baby compared to my old beast  but I am sure I will get used to it

Need to design a pier and dismantle the old so will be a few weeks before we are live , but will give me time to get used to it

Harry

attachment-0.jpg

• Like 6

Once you get used to how 'small' it is (Just how BIG was your last mount, Harry?) I am sure you will love it. Have you tried reading the Mesu specific manual that I have produced for the mount to save you reading through the 236 pages of the SiTech manual? Just a thought!

I also received mine yesterday.  I am going to do a thread as to how I do the metalwork to mount it with the MESU Supplied plate.

Can't believe how heavy it is!

@harry page  Bern drove the short distance up to Nottingham after dropping yours off in Stamford.  Not really had chance to do much with it yet - the metalwork starts tomorrow ;)

Hello Harry,

20 hours ago, harry page said:

Hi

Just wondering what to power the mount with , anybody use a mount hub pro

Needed a small power station for my old mount , hoping something smaller will surfice ?

Harry

Congratulations on your new mount. I've had mine since June last year and its been great.

I use a 12volt 5amp power brick to power it, seems to do the job just fine.

Cheers, Ian

20 hours ago, steppenwolf said:

Once you get used to how 'small' it is (Just how BIG was your last mount, Harry?) I am sure you will love it. Have you tried reading the Mesu specific manual that I have produced for the mount to save you reading through the 236 pages of the SiTech manual? Just a thought!

Hi

Her is a pic Little monster ver The beast :)

And yes many thanks for your short manual been a great help ( Even though I have read Sitech ona as well , because I am mad :happy7:)

Just a note for things that did not work for me

The ascom link for the Sitechexe 0.90p did not install the ascom driver for me , but then downloaded the 0.91T version and this worked fine

When configuring Sitechexe and I had the mount conected I could not select the correct COM port ( Did not show at all )  so disconected mount restarted

Sitechexe and was able to select the right com port ( 3 in my case ) and then all was well

It might be just my set up ( windows 10 dell laptop )

Again many thaks for yout hard work

Regards

Harry

20170129_141519.jpg

• Like 3

20 hours ago, kirkster501 said:

I also received mine yesterday.  I am going to do a thread as to how I do the metalwork to mount it with the MESU Supplied plate.

Can't believe how heavy it is!

@harry page  Bern drove the short distance up to Nottingham after dropping yours off in Stamford.  Not really had chance to do much with it yet - the metalwork starts tomorrow ;)

Hi

I will be at the bathroom for another few weeks ( Full refit ) so I will be watching with interest

Harry

19 minutes ago, iansmith said:

Hello Harry,

Congratulations on your new mount. I've had mine since June last year and its been great.

I use a 12volt 5amp power brick to power it, seems to do the job just fine.

Cheers, Ian

Hi

Cheers for the info

The std cables I see with the correct plug on the end seem a bit weedy did you make your own

Harry

1 hour ago, harry page said:

Hi

Her is a pic Little monster ver The beast :)

And yes many thanks for your short manual been a great help ( Even though I have read Sitech ona as well , because I am mad :happy7:)

Just a note for things that did not work for me

The ascom link for the Sitechexe 0.90p did not install the ascom driver for me , but then downloaded the 0.91T version and this worked fine

When configuring Sitechexe and I had the mount conected I could not select the correct COM port ( Did not show at all )  so disconected mount restarted

Sitechexe and was able to select the right com port ( 3 in my case ) and then all was well

It might be just my set up ( windows 10 dell laptop )

Again many thaks for yout hard work

Regards

Harry

20170129_141519.jpg

Thanks for that Harry, I was feeling guilty about spending money on astro stuff, don't feel so bad now :grin:

Dave

4 hours ago, harry page said:

Hi

Cheers for the info

The std cables I see with the correct plug on the end seem a bit weedy did you make your own

Harry

Hello Harry,

I'm just using the standard cables, the plug isn't great as it doesn't go all the way into the socket on the scitech. So far its working ok, but could be better.

Cheers, Ian.

On 28/01/2017 at 18:55, harry page said:

Just wondering what to power the mount with , anybody use a mount hub pro

I have just got a mount hub pro and intending using it on my Mesu which is due in March, and I'm pretty impressed with it thus far.  You can power up to 15A on 12 ports, 4 of which are permanently on and 8 switchable using the supplied software.  It certainly seems to provide a very tidy solution to a lot of cabling.  It's also handy having the 4 port due controller built in as well, which again is fully controllable in software, and with the manual dials.

Congrats on what would appear to be mini-mount compared to what you're used to.

8 minutes ago, RayD said:

I have just got a mount hub pro and intending using it on my Mesu which is due in March, and I'm pretty impressed with it thus far.  You can power up to 15A on 12 ports, 4 of which are permanently on and 8 switchable using the supplied software.  It certainly seems to provide a very tidy solution to a lot of cabling.  It's also handy having the 4 port due controller built in as well, which again is fully controllable in software, and with the manual dials.

Congrats on what would appear to be mini-mount compared to what you're used to.

Hi

I have a mount hub pro ( Ver 1 ) and are very happy with it , I was hopeing it would run the mesu 

When I get set up I will give it a go

Harry

Just now, harry page said:

Hi

I have a mount hub pro ( Ver 1 ) and are very happy with it , I was hopeing it would run the mesu 

When I get set up I will give it a go

Harry

Great stuff Harry, look forward to seeing it up and running as I can see no reason yet why my one shouldn't, but if course will never doubt anything in this hobby.

Congratulations Harry and Steve on your deliveries.

Harry, the Mesu looks minute compared to the beast!! WOW!!

I too, am expecting delivery in March of a Mesu Mount 200. I will be watching this thread with interest.