Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2.thumb.jpg.7719b6f2fbecda044d407d8aba503777.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Stu

iOptron Goto Nova Upgrade kit NOW SOLD

This very useful upgrade kit will give you full Goto when added to an EQ5 or Vixen GP type mount. This is an extract from the instructions:

The GoToNova® dual axis GOTO upgrading kit is available for the EQ5-like mounts (144 teeth). The kit is compatible with the following mounts: EQ5, Vixen Great Polaris (GP), Orion SkyView Pro, Celestron CG-5, Meade LDX55/LDX75 and Astro-5. The kit may also be used on the older Vixen Super Polaris (SP) with some more modification to the housing.

I am selling it because I now have an AZEQ5 so do not need it any more. It is in good condition, fully functional and works very well. It is easy to fit to a Vixen GP mount (I have done this), and should be similar on an EQ5. The others I have no experience of.

The hand controller has a nice clear display showing good detail of what is going on and making it easy to use. It will connect to SkyFi type systems to allow control from a smartphone/iPad via SkySafari for instance.

Full instructions here:

https://www.altairastro.com/public/ioptron/GoToNovaKitV20.pdf

Looking for £200 Plus postage via PayPal fees paid or bank transfer.

Photos at the weekend!

Cheers,

Stu

NB Now also on ABS. Will resort to eBay at some point too!

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By aramitsharma
      I had bought this in the hope that i will do astro trips more often. Hasn't happened and i use my avx at home. So this is not finding much use. 
      An extremely portable setup, the mount with weight and tripod leg spreader fits in a shoe box. The stock nuts have been replaced by winged nuts for easy grip in the dark.
      One of the tripod's legs suffered a slight damage, but I've taped it well and does not affect its performance. 
      I will include the computer connecting cable as well as polemaster adapter.
      You can read its review here:
      http://www.altairastro.com/public/ioptron/Skyatnight_95_april2013_ioptron_smartEQPRO-review.pdf
      Will prefer pickup from London as the postage may be tricky due to the tripod

£250.00

• By wavydavy
      Losmandy G11 head, cables, power box, panel, hand controller, and counter shaft. Good condition, but is just gathering dust in the observatory, as I have another G11 in operation. The reason for the sale, is I want to get a bigger mount, so my other G11, would be for a mobile/second mount. Ive not a clue how to price this, ive done some research, but its very hard to find a second hand price. Mount works very well, used it the other day for some solar observing, and tracked good. Ive used it for imaging, using the shoestring astro GPUSB hub for autoguiding via the hand controller and splitter. It doesn't come with tripod, I brought it straight for the pier in my observatory. Obviously collection only as its heavy, and best to see it working. Asking around the £500 mark, ONO. Any questions ask away...….

• By Stargazer33
      Hi, this question has probably been done to death here, but can I ask the community to help me decide on a new camera?
      After struggling with my very glitchy QHY5LIIc camera for a while, as well as having a forced break from astronomy, I have decided to get a new camera. After all the problems I've been having with the QHY, I really don't want to use this manufacturer again. I know lots of people use them quite happily, but once bitten ...
      I have been looking at the ZWO cameras - OSC, as I haven't the time, clear skies, or patients to do LRGB imaging!
      I have about £250 to spend, which I may be able to push to £300 if I wait a bit. ? So I've been looking at the ASI224MC, ASI290MC and the ASI178MC cameras.
      I mainly do planetary/Luna imaging, but I have also dabbled in a bit of DSO and would like to continue with both. I have a C9.25 and a ST80 guide scope. I know these aren't ideal for DSOs but please humour me!
      I think from the specs/information that the 224 is probably the best option. Although the resolution and QE are the worst of the three, the well depth and read noise are the best and the fps is pretty good too.
      I don't know if there are better/cheaper cameras using the same chips, such as Altair's range. I just don't want to make the same mistake that I did with the QHY!n
      Any help/advice you can give will be much appreciated.?
    • By Bigwings
      I need my garage back so am selling my excess mounts.
      1. EQ5 motorised on both axis.
      No tripod this was mounted ony pier. Tracks well. 
      £100 Collect only because of weight .
      2. An older type Skywatcher AZ goto mount that came with my SkyMax 127. Good condition .
      £100 Collect please but might be able to send if you arrange courier.
      SOLDto Pitbull ...thanks
      3. AZ GTi  goto in excellent condition . Still have the box so can send at cost.
      The pic shows it with a telescope on it which is not included.
      £200
      Location just north of Newark on A1
      Clear Skies.
      Thanks for looking
      All Sold.
      mods VB please move

• By Greg6498
      Hello all!
      I have been using my Skywatcher 8” Dobsonian for some time now, and decided I wanted a good refractor with an EQ mount as my next scope. I chose the Skywatcher Evostar Pro 80mm with an LX70 EQ5 mount. This seems to be a great scope to compliment my Dob, but I'm still getting used to the EQ mount! Found some good Youtube videos and am hoping for a clear night soon to really give it a workout! Any advice is appreciated!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.