SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sync Behavior Setting in SGP for Mesu 200

Mcrogers1

On 28/01/2017 at 10:37, swag72 said:

I will be interested to know what setting you use on the telescope screen ... then I can update my SGP :D 

I've posted a question on the SGP forum.  I'll let you know when I get an answer.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 28/01/2017 at 10:37, swag72 said:

I will be interested to know what setting you use on the telescope screen ... then I can update my SGP :D 

OK - Jared got back to me.  The correct setting for Sync Behaviour is 'Sync'.  I have tested this tonight and all is working as it should.  When I installed the update, SGP seemed to choose 'Target Offset' so you might just need to check your sequences and Equipment Profiles.

1 hour ago, swag72 said:

Not at all - I've watched the UK imagers get loads of data in the last 3 months, and I've been sat on my hands... Our weather has been awful. I guess that's why you have no lettuces in the shops :D 

What's a lettuce?  I'm from Scotland - if you can't fry it, it's inedible.  

Over and Under pole settings are how you tell SiTech how far you are going to allow the Mesu to track past the meridian before it stops tracking.  It seems that you can set different values for mount pointing northwards and mount pointing southwards.

In addition, if a new target is within those limts, the mount will slew to that target without flipping, even if the target is on the opposite side of the meridian.

Track Past Meridian Overlap allows you to track beyond the over and under pole settings.

I have SGP set to issue a flip 1 minute after the meridian.  But I may be in the middle of an exposure and I don't want the mount to stop tracking or flip midway through.  So I have my over and under pole set and track past set so that the mount can track my maximum exposure length (20 minutes) plus the 1 minute in SGP past the meridian.  You need to tweak these settings to suit your own exposure lengths and, of course, ensuring that you don't get pier strikes.

I hope that is clear.  (I also hope it is correct - at the very least it is my understanding of how it works.  Others might know better.)

2 minutes ago, gnomus said:

Over and Under pole settings are how you tell SiTech how far you are going to allow the Mesu to track past the meridian before it stops tracking.  It seems that you can set different values for mount pointing northwards and mount pointing southwards.

In addition, if a new target is within those limts, the mount will slew to that target without flipping, even if the target is on the opposite side of the meridian.

Track Past Meridian Overlap allows you to track beyond the over and under pole settings.

I have SGP set to issue a flip 1 minute after the meridian.  But I may be in the middle of an exposure and I don't want the mount to stop tracking or flip midway through.  So I have my over and under pole set and track past set so that the mount can track my maximum exposure length (20 minutes) plus the 1 minute in SGP past the meridian.  You need to tweak these settings to suit your own exposure lengths and, of course, ensuring that you don't get pier strikes.

I hope that is clear.  (I also hope it is correct - at the very least it is my understanding of how it works.  Others might know better.)

Hi

Thanks for the info :)

I dont intend to flip very often at all if poss , I would like to do 2 or 3hrs past the meridian  so will have to play a lot :)

Harry

8 minutes ago, harry page said:

Hi

Thanks for the info :)

I dont intend to flip very often at all if poss , I would like to do 2 or 3hrs past the meridian  so will have to play a lot :)

Harry

That is probably wise.  But there is something a bit magical about watching it do its thing....

More seriously, I doubt that I could get my Esprit 120 to go 3 hours past without the camera hitting the pier.

2 minutes ago, gnomus said:

That is probably wise.  But there is something a bit magical about watching it do its thing....

More seriously, I doubt that I could get my Esprit 120 to go 3 hours past without the camera hitting the pier.

Hi

I am not going to make a straight pier , will see how it works in the real world when I have made it

Harry

2 minutes ago, harry page said:

Hi

I am not going to make a straight pier , will see how it works in the real world when I have made it

Harry

I had several witty responses to this, but I was concerned I might get into trouble.  I don't want you reporting me to the thought police for being pier-o-phobic.  (Clearly, that was not one of the witty responses.)

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Singlin said:

Should I have "Gem auto flip on track" selected in sitech.exe when using SGP ?

Regards,

Simon

If you scroll up 9 posts, you will see how I have mine set.  I don't claim that I have the 'perfect' settings, but my mount does auto-meridian flip via SGP.

Archived