Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Mcrogers1

Sync Behavior Setting in SGP for Mesu 200

Hello,

What setting do Mesu 200 users have Sync Behavior set to under Telescope in the Equipment Profile Manager of SGP? I have mine set to Sync but it has two offset options and the Mesu uses offset inits. 

Thanks.

Mike

Edited by Mcrogers1

On 24/01/2017 at 15:11, Mcrogers1 said:

Hello,

What setting do Mesu 200 users have Sync Behavior set to under Telescope in the Equipment Profile Manager of SGP? I have mine set to Sync but it has two offset options and the Mesu uses offset inits. 

Thanks.

Mike

Watching with interest because a MESU 200 is landing at Kirkster501 Towers on Friday ;)

Watching with interest because a MESU 200 is landing at Kirkster501 Towers on Friday.

Well Steve the long wait is almost over. You'll probably not sleep Thursday night, in anticipation.:icon_biggrin:

I reckon with both the Tec & the Mesu you've amounted a year in waiting :shocked:

Steve

4 hours ago, kirkster501 said:

Watching with interest because a MESU 200 is landing at Kirkster501 Towers on Friday ;)

Hi

Not before One has landed in stamord , Bern has a busy Day

Harry

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, harry page said:

Hi

Harry

Wot's happened to the "Beast Mount" then Harry.....

Hi

Ah well thought I might lighten up a bit :) and the beast over 20 years old ,with many upgrades alterations etc 

some of the electronics need replacing plus as I am getting older  I wanted a simpler set up ( semi portable as well )

hopefully a dual set up still though But the old newt will have a holiday for a while 

Or I could keep both and build another shed :happy6:

Harry

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, harry page said:

Hi

Ah well thought I might lighten up a bit :) and the beast over 20 years old ,with many upgrades alterations etc 

some of the electronics need replacing plus as I am getting older  I wanted a simpler set up ( semi portable as well )

hopefully a dual set up still though But the old newt will have a holiday for a while 

Or I could keep both and build another shed :happy6:

Harry

Well once you get the old mount out, and the MESU 200 in, its going to feel like

your shed has doubled in size anyway :) 

Your old mount sure is a thing of beauty, and had probably served you very well.

Your a braver man than me Harry, if I said to my wife I was going to build another observatory 

well I cant really say as this is a family Forum.  :) 

good luck with the Mesu

Paul

On ‎24‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 15:11, Mcrogers1 said:

Hello,

Thanks.

Mike

Hi

Hopefully someone can help here as I would also like to know :)

Sorry for semi hijacking your thread

Harry

4 hours ago, harry page said:

Hi

Hopefully someone can help here as I would also like to know :)

Sorry for semi hijacking your thread

Harry

No problem. I sent the question to Sara and will post her answer.

I've looked on the Telescope under the equipment section of SGP................. I have no idea what you are talking about :D I can't see a sync....... I've added a screen grab to show you. Am I looking at the wrong screen?

sync.jpg

Hi

I am another Mesu user who controls the mount with SGP.  Like Sara, I am not entirely sure what question is being asked.  If you are a bit more specific, I would be happy to let you know how I have my scope set up.  

Perhaps that is the latest version of SGP? As you can see that menu isn't even on my screen... even less reasons to upgrade LOL!!

18 hours ago, harry page said:

Hi

Harry

I know all about the one landing in Stamford Harry......!  I'm his next drop off...  Pub crawled round there with my friends last weekend, great town!

8 hours ago, Mcrogers1 said:

Here is what my SGP has.

Well it looks like the Synch setting has been added in one of the newer versions.  This is what my screen looks like.  The Mesu has been tracking and guiding fine with this profile (despite me having the focal length set incorrectly - I must change that):

Synch.jpg

3 hours ago, kirkster501 said:

I know all about the one landing in Stamford Harry......!  I'm his next drop off...  Pub crawled round there with my friends last weekend, great town!

I did hear there was a strange man loose in stamford :)

I will look in on your mount to make sure its safe :headbang:

Harry

On 25/01/2017 at 17:39, kirkster501 said:

22 hours ago, harry page said:

Very exciting news - you are both in for such a treat!

• Like 1

Your both in for a busy weekend. Make sure you backup your ServoConfig settings, I was too impatient and over wrote mine.

If you have any questions there are plenty of people on here and the Mesu site ready and willing to help.

Say hello to Bern for me.

Nigel

• Like 1

On 26/01/2017 at 20:25, steppenwolf said:

Very exciting news - you are both in for such a treat!

On 26/01/2017 at 22:22, nigelg said:

Your both in for a busy weekend. Make sure you backup your ServoConfig settings, I was too impatient and over wrote mine.

If you have any questions there are plenty of people on here and the Mesu site ready and willing to help.

Say hello to Bern for me.

Nigel

Lots of drilling and metalwork required to get it adapted to my pier before I get to power her up!  Before I can do that I've got to finish the tiling off in my GFs bathroom :(

Wow, what a heavy mount!  Boy, I thought the NEQ6 was heavy but the MESU takes the word "robust" to new levels! And that is without the weights!  I think the world "Panzer Mount" describes it well !

I will post plenty of photos as to how I get on and my routine into getting it working.

Bern mentioned how impressed he was with your old mount Harry ;)

Hi

Yes the mesu look robust , but is tiny compared to my old mount :happy7:

But I knew this and is my down sizing

I also have to finish off the bathroom :icon_biggrin: before commision

Good luck with yours

Harry

I did not realise you both had bathrooms in your observatories............. Now that's posh.

Nigel

I will be interested to know what setting you use on the telescope screen ... then I can update my SGP :D 

can someone post a screen shot of their Meridian flip settings?

I haven't made it to the meridian flip stage yet or I would help you.  I've tested the flip feature in SiTech.exe and it seems to work. I don't think the Mesu can track past the meridian.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.