Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sync Behavior Setting in SGP for Mesu 200

Mcrogers1

Hello,

What setting do Mesu 200 users have Sync Behavior set to under Telescope in the Equipment Profile Manager of SGP? I have mine set to Sync but it has two offset options and the Mesu uses offset inits. 

Thanks.

Mike

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/01/2017 at 15:11, Mcrogers1 said:

Hello,

What setting do Mesu 200 users have Sync Behavior set to under Telescope in the Equipment Profile Manager of SGP? I have mine set to Sync but it has two offset options and the Mesu uses offset inits. 

Thanks.

Mike

Watching with interest because a MESU 200 is landing at Kirkster501 Towers on Friday ;)

Watching with interest because a MESU 200 is landing at Kirkster501 Towers on Friday.

Well Steve the long wait is almost over. You'll probably not sleep Thursday night, in anticipation.:icon_biggrin:

I reckon with both the Tec & the Mesu you've amounted a year in waiting :shocked:

Steve

Hi

Ah well thought I might lighten up a bit :) and the beast over 20 years old ,with many upgrades alterations etc 

some of the electronics need replacing plus as I am getting older  I wanted a simpler set up ( semi portable as well )

hopefully a dual set up still though But the old newt will have a holiday for a while 

Or I could keep both and build another shed :happy6:

Harry

16 minutes ago, harry page said:

Hi

Ah well thought I might lighten up a bit :) and the beast over 20 years old ,with many upgrades alterations etc 

some of the electronics need replacing plus as I am getting older  I wanted a simpler set up ( semi portable as well )

hopefully a dual set up still though But the old newt will have a holiday for a while 

Or I could keep both and build another shed :happy6:

Harry

Well once you get the old mount out, and the MESU 200 in, its going to feel like

your shed has doubled in size anyway :) 

Your old mount sure is a thing of beauty, and had probably served you very well.

Your a braver man than me Harry, if I said to my wife I was going to build another observatory 

well I cant really say as this is a family Forum.  :) 

good luck with the Mesu

Paul

On ‎24‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 15:11, Mcrogers1 said:

Hello,

Thanks.

Mike

Hi

Hopefully someone can help here as I would also like to know :)

Sorry for semi hijacking your thread

Harry

I've looked on the Telescope under the equipment section of SGP................. I have no idea what you are talking about :D I can't see a sync....... I've added a screen grab to show you. Am I looking at the wrong screen?

sync.jpg

Hi

I am another Mesu user who controls the mount with SGP.  Like Sara, I am not entirely sure what question is being asked.  If you are a bit more specific, I would be happy to let you know how I have my scope set up.  

18 hours ago, harry page said:

Hi

Not before One has landed in stamord , Bern has a busy Day

Harry

I know all about the one landing in Stamford Harry......!  I'm his next drop off...  Pub crawled round there with my friends last weekend, great town!

8 hours ago, Mcrogers1 said:

Here is what my SGP has.

Well it looks like the Synch setting has been added in one of the newer versions.  This is what my screen looks like.  The Mesu has been tracking and guiding fine with this profile (despite me having the focal length set incorrectly - I must change that):

Synch.jpg

3 hours ago, kirkster501 said:

I know all about the one landing in Stamford Harry......!  I'm his next drop off...  Pub crawled round there with my friends last weekend, great town!

I did hear there was a strange man loose in stamford :)

I will look in on your mount to make sure its safe :headbang:

Harry

On 25/01/2017 at 17:39, kirkster501 said:

Watching with interest because a MESU 200 is landing at Kirkster501 Towers on Friday ;)

22 hours ago, harry page said:

Not before One has landed in stamord , Bern has a busy Day

Very exciting news - you are both in for such a treat!

Your both in for a busy weekend. Make sure you backup your ServoConfig settings, I was too impatient and over wrote mine.

If you have any questions there are plenty of people on here and the Mesu site ready and willing to help.

Say hello to Bern for me.

Nigel

On 26/01/2017 at 20:25, steppenwolf said:

Very exciting news - you are both in for such a treat!

On 26/01/2017 at 22:22, nigelg said:

Your both in for a busy weekend. Make sure you backup your ServoConfig settings, I was too impatient and over wrote mine.

If you have any questions there are plenty of people on here and the Mesu site ready and willing to help.

Say hello to Bern for me.

Nigel

Lots of drilling and metalwork required to get it adapted to my pier before I get to power her up!  Before I can do that I've got to finish the tiling off in my GFs bathroom :(

Wow, what a heavy mount!  Boy, I thought the NEQ6 was heavy but the MESU takes the word "robust" to new levels! And that is without the weights!  I think the world "Panzer Mount" describes it well !

I will post plenty of photos as to how I get on and my routine into getting it working.

Bern mentioned how impressed he was with your old mount Harry ;)

Archived