Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Confused with Ascom drivers & ZWO ASI224

1CM69

Hi all,

I am a little confused with the camera drivers for my ASI224.

I did what is supposed to be done and installed the camera drivers from the enclosed disc first before connecting the camera and then looking in the Ascom profiles there was no entry for my camera.

When I started up PHD2 an entry for my camera was there, right at the bottom as: ZWO ASI Camera

PHD2 2.jpg

Now could I choose this & also choose the On-camera option, (see below), for mount to control scope via ST4?

PHD2 4.jpg

I decided to install the Ascom drivers direct from ZWO at: https://astronomy-imaging-camera.com/software/

current driver at this time is v1.0.2.25

and also I installed the ASI Cameras ST4 Standalone Ascom Driver from ZWO

Now in the Ascom Profiles I see two entries for my camera:

Ascom Profile 1.jpg

this seems to be a duplicate entry and both do not contain any properties;

Ascom Profile 2.jpg

Ascom Profile 3.jpg

Now showing in PHD2 are also two more entries:

PHD2 1.jpg

ASI Camera (1) & ASI Camera (2)

These multiple camera entries are also shown in Sharpcap:

SharpCap 1.jpg 

Now, back to PHD2 and if I choose one of the new camera entries ASI Camera (1) or (2) the options button become enabled and when pressed I get a new settings dialog as:

SharpCap 2.jpg

So to sum up, which combination of camera driver and/or mount driver shouls I be actually using and why are there 2 entries for ASI Camera in Ascom?

Any help would be appreciated.

Kirk

PHD2 3.jpg

i may be wrong but i think that ascom installs two versions of the driver, it does the same for atik cameras, i asked the same question about the atik cameras in ascom and it was something to do with the fact that some people use two cameras, therefore two drivers are needed.

i don`t use the st4 method for guiding, i pulse guide, but using either the ascom or zwo camera should work, i select zwo camera.

Archived