Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC6960 Witches Broom- 1st autoguide!

DeanWatson

Hi all, just started posting on these boards (you'll see my initial entry in 'welcome' above). I love astrophotography and have just gotten into autoguiding with the Orion Starshoot Guider (what a doddle to use). Unfortunately this is only 3x7 minute exposures at iso 800 with a Canon EOS300d as my HEQ5 skyscan mount glitched and hung while I was indoors (came back after an hour...!). I think it was just a power brown out and not thelegacy of a dropped handset! Anyway, hope you enjoy my work - I think this is one of the nicest non messiers there is. Let me know what you think, I'm quite new to all this forum posting bit but this one seems A. Genuinely useful, B. Really quite a nice active community. Speak to you all soon.

7681_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Don't I know it - I had the temerity to quite politely initially, criticise the magazine - I think you saw it - never has criticism gone so on deaf ears, to read the editors response you'd have thought I'd insulted his heritage going back 5 generations!

There was even a response along the lines of how dare I knock the magazine on their own forum (Well, if you can't post about the magazine...) until he edited that out on the post - don't think many saw it. Agree or disagree with my points, no harm surely in a public airing - unless you're the Chinese government...!

I dislike some of the elitism that comes into the hobby - Lets be honest now, we all do this for fun and aren't going to change the world or discover an Earth approach asteroid. The atmosphere here is much nicer.

Welcome Dean, and congratulations on a fine image :hello2:

Your impressions of this forum are correct, you won't find elitism here, this is a forum for people who love the beauty of the night sky and are happy to share with others :clouds1:

Cheers

Rob

Wahey! Another 'normal' person for SGL!!

Glad to make your aquaintance Dean.

That's a fine image, I really like the colours of the stars in that one. Is your camera modified at all?

Cheers

TJ

Archived