Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

ngwillym

Some firsts for me - NGC 2024

A few 'firsts' for me here:-

• First ever RGB image
  • First ever image processed in Pixinsight - all thanks to HarrysAstroShed tutorials
  • First 'proper' use of ASI 1600MM-C with Mini EFW
  • First image through the OpticStar 127mm Apo

R,G and B - 30 subs each @8 seconds with ASI1600MM-C set to unit gain, offset 21 and @-20C

I have a lot to learn :help: (many more tutorials on Harry's site, the LightVortex site and also Warren Keller's book) - but its a start.

Now - How do I get my luminance image (60 subs - other settings as above)  incorporated :icon_biggrin:

Next time I'll get the framing correct to get the Horsehead too:blush:

Neil

FlamePIStack30RGBweb.jpg

Nice first result. To incorporate luminance, have you tried LRGB combination in PI? Somehow seems like the logical place to start. :wink:

To reduce noise in the background, Keller's multiscale Transformation method works great, so does TGVDenoise on just L in L*a*b mode

Thanks for sharing

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wimvb said:

Nice first result. To incorporate luminance, have you tried LRGB combination in PI? Somehow seems like the logical place to start. :wink:

To reduce noise in the background, Keller's multiscale Transformation method works great, so does TGVDenoise on just L in L*a*b mode

Thanks for sharing

Thanks for the tips.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ruskclark
      The Wizard Nebula
      An emission nebula 7,200 light years away and my first proper project of the new imaging year. 
      Really happy with it as I’ve had a steep learning curve with new kit so really pleased to see this image come together. It’s also the first time I’ve imaged it. 
      72x180s subs collected over 2 nights 24/25th August in my Bortle 7 back garden, Whitley Bay, England
      Calibrated with darks, flats and dark flats in DSS and processed in SiriL and Photoshop. 
      Lacerta 72mm f/6 APO
      ZWO ASI1600MC Pro at -15C gain 200
      iOptron CEM25p
      ZWO 60mm guide scope
      ZWO ASI120MM-S guide camera
      Altair Astro 2” Tri Band OSC Filter
      Data collected in APT and guided with PHD2

• By Amajed
      Hi, this is my first time using my new Esprit 100ED, my first time processing using Pixinsight, and it's my first image using a Mono + filters.

I loved them, can't wait to try on more targets.

here's the result:

Equipments:
      SkyWatcher Esprit 100ED
      SkyWatcher EQ6-R
      SkyWatcher EvoGuide 50ED Guidescope
      Imaging cam ZWO ASI1600MM Cool Pro
      ZWO EFW
      ZWO LRGB+NB 36mm filters
      Guiding cam ZWO ASI290MM Mini

Seeing was avarage
      Location was in a Green Zone

Exposures:
      Ha 11x1800sec
      L 39x300sec
      R 13x300sec
      G 15x300sec
      B 15x300sec
      Darks:
      24x300sec
      10x1800sec
      Bias:

Thanks
    • By eshy76
      Hi everyone,
      This has been on my hard drive for some months, so nice to have finally got round to processing it! Shot over several nights in January in my back garden.
      NGC 281, also known casually as the Pacman Nebula, is a bright emission nebula and part of an H II region in the northern constellation of Cassiopeia and is part of the Milky Way's Perseus Spiral Arm. It lies about 9,500 light years from us and is 48 light years across.
      As the final version, I've gone for a crop, which I think holds up well, though I'll include the wider fov version in the next post.
      I used a more natural colour blend for this image:
      R = 76%*Ha + 24%*SII
      G = 100%*OIII
      B = 85%*OIII + 15%*Ha
      For some reason, I was not expecting much from this image, but the result looks like it will be one of my favourites...the narrowband data was really good!
      Captured using APT, stacked using APP and processed in Pixinsight.
      5.4 hours integration time.
      Link to full details and higher res version.
      Thanks for looking!

• By Xiga
      Between the clouds, moon, neighbour's roof, nearby floodlights, and all the usual general life stuff, i've simply not been able to get any meaningful data on the HH (or Orion for that matter either) for the last 2 years! To say it's been my nemesis would be an understatement. At this rate i'll be glad to have that box ticked proper before i hit 50 ? 
      So when we had a few hrs of clear sky (and no moon) a couple of weeks back i knew i had to give it a go. I luckily managed 9 x 7mins before it disappeared behind the neighbour's roof. I also have 5 subs of Ha (90 mins in total) from last March, although it wasn't of great quality (there was a nearly full moon right beside it, plus the neighbour's fire smoke was billowing up through the Fov ? ). 
      I've been waiting patiently for more clear skies to add to this, but that 's not working out too well, lol. I really shouldn't be processing this, but all work and no imaging makes Ciaran a dull boy, so here goes nothin...
      9 x 7mins with an IDAS-D1
      4 x 1200s and 1 x 900s of Ha
      ~2.7 hrs in Total
      Stacked in APP and processed in PS. Lots of heavy lifting needed in PS, and i've reduced it to 50% in size as well. 
      For now, at least, this will have to do. There's a lot of good HH's about so hopefully this one's not too hideous! ? 
      I'll post what the 2 raw stacks looked like below as well, just for kicks. 

Here's the 9 x 7 mins raw stack (with DDP stretch):

And here's the ~90min Ha raw stack:

• By eshy76
      Hi everyone,
      I've been beavering away on a couple of images, one of the Pacman nebula and this, my first Horsehead.
      Shot over several nights in my back garden. Terrible weather meant a big gap between imaging nights - it's amazing how you (or is it just me?!) forget the little details in just 8 or 9 days...
      Lum data is lacking a bit and I couldn't tame mighty Alnitak. But I like the result.
      Anyway, a number of firsts here - first completed image with the Lakeside focuser, first true tests of APT's recently added auto meridian flip (works great!) and first time using Astro Pixel Processor for calibration and stacking. APP is a contender - very easy to use - I threw all my multinight multifilter data at it and it chugged through it all with the minimum of fuss!
      4.9 hours of HaLRGB data. L 108x15", R 41x60", G 84x30", B 81x30", Ha 35x250".

Thanks for looking!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.