Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC 410 HA Tadpoles

JohnC64

Hi All,

A HA image of IC410 in Ha.  26 x 300s Subs.  Nebulosity and PHD for capture and Pixinsight for the processing.  Another popular target that somehow I have never imaged. I have managed to get the focusing a lot better than my last outing so am pleased with that. I have my O3 filter arriving soon so I think I will be paying this target  a visit again soon :-)

Cheers John

processed.png

I don't know this object well, but that is a remarkable difference between v1 and v2.  I am guessing that you DBEd out a lot of the really faint stuff in v1.  Certainly v2 looks more natural to me.

Hi Gnomus,

Many thanks for the nice comment. I refreshed my darks, and did an ABE at the linear stage  that sorted out most of the issues I had.  Then Histogram stretching, followed by a Multiscale linear transform for noise reduction. A slight sharpen and finally a curve tweek to lift the brighter areas. Warren Keller's book is full of information and after going through some of the chapters in the book it has definitely help my processing.

Cheers John

Many thanks Paddy and Allinthehead.

13 hours ago, Allinthehead said:

Very nice image. I really like this target and you've captured great detail. Is there a vertical banding issue on the right side of the image? I also have an Oiii filter coming soon. Can't wait. 

Yes there does appear to be some bands in there.  Its not an issue that i have seen before and possibly due to the new workflow that i tried for the second process.

Cheers John

Hi Rob,

When I fit my OIII filter, I think i will take the time to replace my Dark and Bias library.  Yes there is some vertical banding over towards the right hand and I think a new bias set will sort that out.

Cheers John

Super mono John - well done with the contrast around the tadpoles.  Balanced framing too.  For my taste, in your last version you have over-sharpened your stars just a fraction too much (or perhaps need further adjustment in your Global Dark setting in deconvolution as there are dark rings around some stars).

This target responds well to Ha, bi-colour HOO and also SHO and I look forward to your bi-colour when you OIII filters arrives :happy7:.

Archived