SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi from Dorset

bbobeckyj

I'm starting just out, or hoping to. Having always been fascinated I borrowed some larger aperture binoculars early last year and was surprised to be able to see the Ionian moons. Since then I've been reading around online, looking around with my own low aperture binoculars and occasionally using skymap on my phone. I've decided that I want an 8" dob, now I'm not so patiently waiting to find a second hand one that I can afford within driving distance. While I wait I thought it about time to actually join this forum, so, hello!

There used to be a SGL group that met in the New Forest. I know it may not be close but equally if lucky it may be, I have friends in Verwood.

The problem is I have not read of much from them recently and cannot see a specific group in the section. So they may have drifted apart, or they may still meet up and view but it is low key. Could be worth a post to enquire and find out.

Clubs in Dorset seem to number 3: http://www.astronomyclubs.co.uk/Clubs/Default.aspx?CountyId=28

• 3 weeks later...

Archived