Celestron original Nexstar 8 issue

Hello

I have a Celestron Nexstar 8. Had it over 12 years and is one of the original Nexstar series with silver tube. Just Nexstar 8 no other letters. 

Trying to sell the scope but have now found there is an issue with the controller. 

It turns on but I just get a red background and no menu text. 

The text does come through now and then so there must be a problem with wiring somewhere. 

Is it even possible to get a replacement controller now for the original Nexstar 8 series? 

I don't think new version controllers will work with the original series from what I have read. 

Thanks

If it's intermittent, the most likely cause is a bad cable or connector. If you are good with a soldering iron you could try renewing the cable.

I actually saw this fault with my C8 se when I was trying out a Nexstar+ handset in place of the original one. I gave the connector of the original controller a firm push into the socket and the fault has not recurred, touch wood.

Archived