Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

20x180sec exposures,with around 12 dark frames.Just a quick polar alignment,as i couldn't wait to try it out!

Doesn't help with there being a street light in the vicinity,but thought i would give it a go.Was rather hoping for something a little better.The mount is a HEQ5/ED80 Pro.

Sooty.

16195176_10154583450497535_5084182153656928708_n.jpg

• Like 1

Did you just get your mount and scope? 

It's a good image. I think the focus can improve 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nova2000 said:

Did you just get your mount and scope? 

It's a good image. I think the focus can improve 

Sorry for the confusion,i have had the mount a couple of years now,normally with a Mak 180 on it.

I got the ED80 at Xmas,so i could try some imaging.The mount has been re-located on a permanent pier,hence the rough polar alignment.Still got to get the ST80 and GPCAM to work with each other,then try guiding with PHD2.Well,that is the plan anyway.haha.

Sooty.

• Like 1

Nice first catch. I agree with Nova2000 that focus can be improved. If your camera is controlled from a computer, you can probably use the image capture program to help with focusing (minimising the width of the stars). Otherwise a Bahtinov mask is the best cheap investment you can make in this hobby.

Good luck

• Like 1