Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Samyang 135mm f/2

Finally the Samyang 135mm f/2 has arrived, hope it's a good un.

Bolted to the Atik 383L and now need some clear nights to see how good this baby is.

Got to knock up the focus drive bracket , have all the bits and then hoover up those photons.

samyang135.jpg

Was clear for a bit tonight, so gave it a go.

The spacing is not right, I need a bit more, think about 3mm as its not focusing at infinity.
Anyway, at f/2 it's not to bad, corners are not equal, slight eggy stars in some, will wait till the spacing is correct.

It's quite fiddly to focus at f/2, best I could do was a fwhm of 2.8 in Artemis, need to sort out the motor focuser.

With all the niggles so far I'm pleased, it has potential.

Here is the 5x300secs of the M35 area  that I got before the fog rolled in, typical.

m35-ha.jpg

• 2 months later...

Finally after months of rubbish skies got out for some longer subs, tweak the guiding and the motor focus.

Pointed at the Leo Triplet, no Ha here but at least it allowed me to image in the worst direction and see what 600sec subs are like.

Let the system run and did 11x600secs with the odd puffy cloud, loads of planes and satellites littering the subs.

Quite happy with the guiding at 600secs but noticed slight coma in one corner of the image, did'nt notice that last time before I
adjusted the back focus, may be I go back to where I had it before.

Did'nt bother to stretch to much as it's quite noisey.

leotriplet.jpg

Archived