Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NEW Sky-Watcher EQ6-R GEQ Mount

FLO

The new Sky-Watcher EQ6-R GEQ mount has been released here in the UK and will be available to order from our website Monday :smile: 

Skywatcher_EQ6-R_PRO_mount_sgl.jpg

Features include... 

• Increased Payload capacity of 20kg for Astro-Photography (manufacturer's spec')
  • Synchronous Belt Driven for reduced backlash, smoother operation and better results when guiding.
  • Higher Torque.
  • Improved Latitude adjustment controls with greater range of latitudes possible
  • Built-in SNAP camera control port
  • PPEC worm gear and worm periodic error correction function (avoids having to constantly re-train)
  • Screw-on power connector
  • Built-in carrying handle for convenient transportation

Manufacturer's specification 

Maximum Payload (Counterweights excluded):  20kg (for Astro-Photography)
Latitude Adjustment Range:  5º to 65º
Azimuth Adjustment Range:  About ±9 º
Mount Weight (Tripod excluded): 17.3 kg
Counterweights Supplied:  2 x 5kg
Tripod Supplied:    2-inch stainless steel, 7.5kg Weight
Counterweight Rod:  18mm Diameter, Length 240mm + 180mm
Power Requirement:  DC11~16V 4A
Motors: 1.8 º Hybrid Stepper Motors
Transmission:  180:1 Worm Drive + 48:12 Timing Belt Drive + 64 Micro-step/1.8º Stepper Motor Drive
Gear Ratio:  720
Resolution:  9216000 Counts/Rev., approx. 0.14 arc-second
Maximum Slewing Speed:  4.2 degrees/second
Tracking Rate:  Sidereal rate, solar rate, lunar rate
Tracking Mode:  Equatorial mode
Auto-guiding Speed:  0.125X, 0.25X, 0.5X, 0.75X, 1X
PEC: 100 Segments Permanent PEC (PPEC)
Hand Controller: SynScan™
Database:  42000+ Objects
Celestial Object Catalogue:  Messier, NGC, IC, SAO, Caldwell, Double Star, Vari-able Star, Named Star, Planets
Pointing Accuracy:  Up to 5 arc-minutes (RMS)
Integral SNAP camera control port
Dual-Fit 45mm/75mm Dovetail Saddle
Polar Alignment Scope

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sky-Watcher's RRP is £1,379 but we will regularly monitor competitor's prices and will adjust ours where necessary :angel: 

If our price is reduced within 30-days of your placing your order we will email you FLO Gift Vouchers to cover the difference.

You can buy with confidence. 

On 20/01/2017 at 17:44, FLO said:

Sky-Watcher's RRP is £1,379 but we will regularly monitor competitor's prices and will adjust ours where necessary :angel: 

If our price is reduced within 30-days of your placing your order we will email you FLO Gift Vouchers to cover the difference.

You can buy with confidence. 

We have found a few £1,349 prices so ours has been set to that but we will continue to check :smile: 

22 hours ago, CraigT82 said:

That last sentence should be the tag line on the FLO website :) 

I like that idea, a lot. Thank-you B) 

Steve 

On 20/01/2017 at 17:44, FLO said:

On 22/01/2017 at 11:53, FLO said:

We have found a few £1,349 prices so ours has been set to that but we will continue to check :smile: 

Two retailers have discounted to £1,299 so we have adjusted our price to match. 

We have a feeling the EQ6-R PRO price will now settle at £1,299 so sit neatly between the NEQ6 PRO and AZ EQ6-GT (currently £999 & £1,419). 

HTH, 

Steve 

• 1 month later...

Hi Folks

Been a happy owner of the EQ6-R for a few weeks now, and in spite of the Welsh rain and wind, managed a few good sessions.

Lovely and smooth and quiet. Not tried guiding with it yet, but doing 2 to 3 min subs unguided with perfectly round stars.

Polar alignment stays rock solid, even though I've tripped over the tripod once or twice.

Today, I tried to get EQMOD to talk to the mount, using the Lynx Astro FTDI  EQDIR adapter - without success.

Device manager shows the Com port allocated OK, but EQMOD cant find the port, and it won't connect.

Are we sure the this adapter is compatible with the EQ6-R?

I have yet to try via the handset and "PC Direct" mode, using my other USB serial adapter

It seems someone had a similar problem with an AZ-EQ6  http://www.astronomyforum.net/telescope-mounts-forum/223429-fail-eqmod-skywatcher-az-eq6-gt-fail.html

Thanks for any suggestions

John

Hi John, welcome to SGL :smile: 

Are you sure? We test every single cable prior to dispatch. Every cable.

I confess we haven't specifically tried it on the new EQ6-R mount but I will be very surprised if it isn't compatible, a number of other EQ6-R owners have purchased one and so far no returns. 

Regarding the discussion you link to on the other forum, their issues are not related. They are using different EQDIR adaptors based on the Prolific chip-set. Our Lynx Astro EQDIR cables use newer FTDI chipsets. 

We haven't yet experienced a faulty cable but I guess there must be a first. I cannot tell who you are from your username but if you email us we will happily send you another cable for comparison. 

HTH, 

Steve 

41 minutes ago, FLO said:

I confess we haven't specifically tried it on the new EQ6-R mount but I will be very surprised if it isn't compatible, a number of other EQ6-R owners have purchased one and so far no returns. 

I have just phoned a couple of customers who I know purchased an EQ6-R mount with Lynx Astro EQDIR cable, they have confirmed the cable is compatible :smile:

If you would like help regarding powering your mount or general setup please email us. 

HTH, 

Steve 

Hi Steve

Thanks for confirming the cable is compatible - just thought I'd ask the question.

As far as I know, the PSU is OK  but will check and have another play tomorrow.

I will email you if any developments -- thanks

John

i`m using the older neq6 pro with eqmod and i use it with windows 10 64 bit, and i know that windows 10 tries to give you the latest prolific driver for the cable, which does not work, you have to go into device manager and either roll back the driver to an earlier one or go through the driver update screen but don`t let windows search for a new driver, you need to select the, let me choose from a list, section and choose the 2007 prolific driver, i think it`s 2007 one, usually the first one on the list.

2 hours ago, barkis said:

Steve, I left a message in another place for you, but I can tell you
I tried mine out via Eqmod / FTDI Cable, and It works fine. No problems whatsoever.

Thank-you Ron :smile: 

1 hour ago, red dwalf said:

i`m using the older neq6 pro with eqmod and i use it with windows 10 64 bit, and i know that windows 10 tries to give you the latest prolific driver for the cable, which does not work, you have to go into device manager and either roll back the driver to an earlier one or go through the driver update screen but don`t let windows search for a new driver, you need to select the, let me choose from a list, section and choose the 2007 prolific driver, i think it`s 2007 one, usually the first one on the list.

Your advice applies applies to old-style EQDIR adapters that use the Prolific chip-set.

It doesn't apply to the Lynx Astro EQDIR adapters discussed here (they use the more modern FTDI chipset). 

HTH, 

Steve 

Hi Steve

I tried it again this afternoon on a second laptop (Win7) - EQMOD still claimed it couldn't find the port, though I'd
set it to the correct one, but then I heard a satisfying clunk from the mount - and it worked!!

Using Stellariumscope, I can now control the mount from Stellarium.

Happy to say, your lead was OK, though I never suspected otherwise, I was just unsure about the compatiblity.

John

• 2 months later...

Archived