Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Fitting a LP filter to a 150PDS with camera

I'm struggling to understand how to fit a light pollution filter to my setup.  I have a 1.25" LP filter that screws onto the end of my top-hat style adapter.  The top hat screws into my Sony E mount T adapter.  The camera plus adapter then fits into the scope's supplied 1.25" eyepiece holder.  But that makes it all a bit 'long' and I can't get infinity focus.

If I remove the scope 1.25" adapter, the ring left over fits my T adapter perfectly and I can attach the camera more directly to the telescope.  But then the hole is too big for a 1.25" filter!

Will something like the 2" version of this: https://www.firstlightoptics.com/uhc-oiii-visual-filters/baader-uhc-s-filter.html just screw into the inside of the T thread on my camera adapter?  Maybe I need to fork out for a 2" filter and forget about the 1.25" version....

Advice much apreciated!

Archived