Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

How to screen image from a laptop to to a smart phone for manual focusing question.

reddoss

Sorry if this post is in the wrong section, am not quite sure which subsection of the forum it belongs to, so MODS please move if required.

I image in the field with a laptop inside a tent connected to the rig and cameras outside  by USB repeater cables,  about 20 or so  feet away. I will soon be getting a CCD  QHY16200A mono with LRGB (Astronomik) and a 3 nm Ha (Chroma) filters.

I will need to double check and possibly  refocus manually using  a focusing  mask in between each filter. Rather than disconnect the USB connection to the  laptop each time and take it outside the tent to refocus and all the faffing around involved, I was wondering if there  is a quicker solution.

Is it possible  to monitor the ( relatively fast looping)  images from the CCD with Nebulosity4 in the Frame and focus mode on the laptop inside, whilst manually adjusting the focuser, and at the same time being able to view the screen image on my Galaxy S7 outside with both devices connected via Bluetooth?

I have Googled connecting the two devices with Bluetooth, but it all seems to be about screen imaging the S7 to a laptop/PC or TV and not the other way around.

one possible solution may be something like teamviewer.

I use it for remote access so I can do everything on the laptop that is located out with scope from the comfort of the indoors.
As long as you have a decent wifi connection on the laptop and phone you should be able to get teamviever setup so you can view you laptop from the phone

Archived