Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The reason I didn't want to return is due to me living on a remote island, and packages from Germany take roughly 2 weeks to arrive, so in order for me to swap the mount its at least a month of waiting time, I wanted to possibly avoid having to wait another month to use this telescope. Its not just the mount I'm unhappy with (I mean we can clearly see from the videos above just how much love and care goes into making these) the optical tube is cheap (a tin of beans has better build quality, at least they're made out of aluminium, not this cheap Chinese - can't tell if its metal or plastic material they use) the focuser looks like something out of a Christmas Cracker. Oh and also the fact that SkyWatcher even cheaped out on not providing a handset with this package despite providing one with their 127 MCT which is exactly the same price and more costly to manufacture. Cheap. 

Oh how wonderful it is to try and look through an eyepiece and use a touch screen phone with no sensory feedback to know which button you are actually pressing, what geniuses they are. 

This telescope is a gimmick in my opinion, the only decent thing you can say is that its optically good, everything else is pure horse manure, I'm sorry if I'm offending people here as there are clearly some fans of this package but in my opinion, its worth 350 euros at best, how they managed to justify an extra 250 on top of that is beyond me. 

If anyone wants to buy a barely used Stardiscovery and brand new mount then get in touch, I'd be happy to sell it. 

Hello Speako,

use the instructions in this thread to bring the expected mechanical behavior back. They do work. And for more covenience you probably should use SkySafary 6 Plus together with Synscan App Pro.

Best,

Peter

Edited by casati