Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Gina's All Sky Camera Mark 6 with Fujinon 1.4mm Fisheye Lens

Gina

On 26/08/2017 at 13:18, Horwig said:

Certainly looks like it Huw :)  I didn't get the mount adapter with mine.

Edited by Gina

Thanks Gina, am I right that you used to use a Fujinon zoom, like mine:

7.thumb.jpg.518469459b154f1442fdef35f93fd7c7.jpg

What's the light transmission through the prime like in comparison to the zoom? What kind of exposure differences are you seeing?

Thanks

Huw

I did indeed.  I may use it for a daytime ASC but there are 10000000000000000 projects to go before that :D  Probably :D

The difference in light throughput is enormous!  Anything from 4x to 10x better I would say probably nearer 10x.  I would have to look through my earlier threads to tell but I can say I was quite amazed at the difference.  Of course, the difference in area of the objective lenses is pretty big.

• Like 1

It appears to be 6x better than the little ZWO prime lens and that was a lot better than the zoom lens.  Further than that I can't tell because I changed cameras.  But I used a 10s exposure with the ASI178MM camera.

• 2 weeks later...

Curiosity got the better of me having been playing around with a pi recently I just got one of those Fujinon DF1.4HB-L1 Fish Eye lenses Huw linked to. Although it doesn't have the adapter mentioned & shown in the picture, I've queried the seller & still waiting a reply. Anyway, I didn't find a measurement of the back focus required in my search of the threads.  9.7mm seems to come up in a google but so far my rummage in my adapters box has drawn a blank so will probably have to order something as hovering the lense over the sensor by hand is useless ?. I'm testing with a dmkau618 & a 314l+ at the moment.

• 1 month later...
On 06/02/2017 at 12:04, Gina said:

It's a Fujinon fisheye 1.4mm f1.8.  I bought it from another member who bought it from ebay but since discontinued, I'm afraid.

IMG_1034_zps3agrgdcm.jpg&key=c6472ed40b5

Was thinking of these Gina as a quick waterproofing method to drop over, not sure on the optical quality though, might be worth a long shot.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Glass-Dome-Bell-Jar-Wooden-Base-Decorative-Collectables-Display-Cloche-Vase-Home-/253169838939

• Thanks 1

I don't know of any screw on domes but many have a lip that can be used to hold them and you can use a sealing ring to stop damp getting in.  I use TPE or TPU 3D printing filament and make custom sealing rings with 3D printer.  These are a rubbery, flexible plastic.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi,

I am a bit confused. I just bought one as a cs-mount lens on ebay:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Fujinon-1-4mm-f-1-8-Fisheye-lens-CS-Mount-DF1-4HB-L1-Ideal-for-All-Sky-Camera/123866962892?hash=item1cd70bdbcc:g:HAkAAOSwDuZdSr43

I have a ZWO ASI 120mm. Since the camera is sold with a CS lens (150° fisheye), I hoped to be able to simply replace it. Yet I did not manage to get a sharp image out of this combination. The problem may be that I am not able to screw it deep enough into the M41 to C-mount adapter shipped with the camera - the threaded part of the lens is not very long, and the ZWO adapter is 7mm thick.

How did others attach this lens to the ASI 120mm?

Best, Lars.