SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A question about Goto scopes.

2 minutes ago, Obi Wan said:

I have a skymax 127 and if it's aligned correctly it is fairly accurate at locating the object. You will need to use different eye pieces though to alter the magnification.

Thanks Obi.

The scope primarily does the focusing and you change the magnification by changing different length eyepieces. You can however get zoom eyepieces that have a range of magnifications inbuilt. You just twist the barrel to zoom in and out. Hth :)

On 15/01/2017 at 14:27, brantuk said:

The scope primarily does the focusing and you change the magnification by changing different length eyepieces. You can however get zoom eyepieces that have a range of magnifications inbuilt. You just twist the barrel to zoom in and out. Hth :)

Thanks, yes i was looking at one of those, not too badly priced either (apart from the Baaders!).

I did buy a Baader Barlow, 2.25 and very nice compared to the Seben i bought for a tenner !

Need to sit down and have a proper look since i'd like to have scope->barlow->eyepiece->CCD camera, but haven't seen an eyepiece that can hold a tube to insert the camera.

I could probably make something, i have a cheap ebay laser cutter so may have a go over the weekend.

Thanks for help :)

Archived