Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep3_banner.thumb.jpg.5533fb830ae914798f4dbbdd2c8a5853.jpg

MattGoo

Skywatcher 200P OTA with Low-Profile Dual-Speed Crayford Focuser and upgrades.

A lovely blue tube Skywatcher 200P (8") Newtonian Reflector Telescope OTA that is has been substantially upgraded.
Diameter: 200mm
Focal Length: 1000mm
Focal Ratio: F5

* Skywatcher blue-tube 200P
* Skywatcher Low Profile Dual Speed Crayford Focuser (2", with 1.25" adapter) [RRP £132] 
* Black tube rings
* Long Dovetail bar
* Whole tube Flocked with black velour material
* Blackened Secondary Mirror
* 9x50 Finderscope (blue)
* Adjustable collimation thumbscrews (Secondary)
* Bob's Knobs adjustable collimation thumbscrews (Primary)

This is for the OTA (telescope) only, no mount or eyepieces included.

£180

Extras:
Geoptik padded bag in red. £40

Would meet up within a reasonable distance of Leeds/Wakefield for fuel costs, or scope could be made available near Manchester or Chesterfield area given enough notice.

200P.jpg

200P_Focuser.jpg

200P_Rear.jpg

200P_Secondary.jpg

Geoptik_Bag.jpg

Edited by MattGoo

Hi there.

Would you sell the  StarSharp Bahtinov Mask separate?
If it has the screws and all that so it attaches to the OTA, I'd be interested.
Could paypal or bank transfer the money to you, if you add on say the cost of postage too. :)

Thanks
Mike

Hello,

Ideally I'd have sold it all together, but I can sell both the Bahtinov mask and Geoptik bag separately I suppose :)

I'll have to measure the mask and see how much P&P will be for you @Hailfire101.

Are you in the area @Spaceboy & able to collect the Geoptik bag?

Send me a PM if you like and we'll go from there?

Hi, I'm rather interested in your OTA, but can't collect. Would you consider posting it? I had a quick look and some courier services aren't that expensive. I'm abroad ATM but I have an address in London area where it could be delivered.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By WiltsStarGazer
      Hi,
       I have been enjoying using the Celestron AstroMaster EQ90 over the last couple of weeks, mainly on the developing moon until it got too bright.
      But I got seduced by a secondhand bargain, (I hope), in the form of a Skywatcher 130/650 Newtonian on a eq2 mount with an old version of a motordrive.
      After decontamination to be allowed into the house, I've cleaned it up and was pretty pleased with the views of the Strawberry moon last night, just using the small opening in the tube cover, I'm still waiting for my moon filter to be delivered.
      I can't find much info on the scope.
      Can anyone tell me if the primary reflector would be a parabolic and if not does it matter that much.
      The primary mirror is pretty dirty, actually had a dead fly stuck on it, I carefully removed the holder and mirror and gently blew the fly off and hopefully some of the dirt with a very low powered airline.
      It's still dirty but the views of the moon and some of the stars seemed good to me. How dirty can you let the mirror get and what effect would I see to know I should clean it?
      Also the eyepiece holder is threaded on the outside at the 'top', is this for attaching a camera T ring directly to?
      Hopefully pictures will attach.
      Graceful for any advise.

• By c4llum83
      Thought people may like to see my recent custom design for my SkyWatcher Heritage 130p... 
      As a big Apollo misson geek, and not being a fan of the stock astronomer names wrap on the 130p, I decided to get creative. 
      I used a great moon wall sticker just £6 from Ikea (https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/kinnared-decoration-stickers-moon-00448463/) as well as some matt vinyl stickers from Redbubble, one for each Apollo mission patch. 
      Below is pics of the mod in progress and the end result - would love to hear what you think!

• By NeilDMunro
      Hi,
      I have been attempting to update my SynScan V3 Hand Controller from V3.08 to latest version. Handset bootloader is V1.7.
      Unfortunately I just get the message “Can not connect to SynScan hand control”. I have looked at numerous forums and tried everything that has been suggested (including older versions of firmware installer), but getting nowhere.
      I am using a Skywatcher SynScan USB Adapter (purchased from Bristol Cameras) and installed the driver from the Skywatcher website. The adapter shows in the COM ports and says it is working properly.
      I have tried different computers (Win10 and XP) with no joy.
      Can anyone help, or is there anyone in North Aberdeenshire that has successfully updated their handset willing to give mine a go (once travel restrictions, etc ease)?
      Thanks
    • By merlin100
      The first two photos were taken using my BST StarGuider 3.2mm ED EP. The middle one was using a 25mm MA EP. The last two were taking with a 10mm MA EP. 
      I was just holding the phone to the eyepiece, using the zoom and exposure compensation. I have no control of the ISO with this phone, even using the Open Camera app. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.