SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My first proper go at imaging

Dinglem

Last night it was quite clear until I'd got set up, I can't see Polaris from my back garden so spent ages trying to get scope aligned, think it's almost there so made a mark on patio where to place the legs of tripod next time. By now the seeing had deteriated but was determined to get some shots of M42. This morning I've been though them all and decided to process the best 7 lights and darks and got the following. My scope is a SW Explorer 200P and my camera is an unmodified Canon 450d

C_Orionstacked.jpg

A great first image.   Can you list your full kit and capture details (can put some of it in your signature) as this will help with advice and tips.  i.e. how long were the subs.  If you have an equatorial mount tips on how to polar align without being able to see Polaris etc etc.

Well done.

Carole 

53 minutes ago, carastro said:

A great first image.   Can you list your full kit and capture details (can put some of it in your signature) as this will help with advice and tips.  i.e. how long were the subs.  If you have an equatorial mount tips on how to polar align without being able to see Polaris etc etc.

Well done.

Carole 

Carole, thanks have updated signature with my few bit of kit.

I took about 40*30s subs, of which I used 7 that weren't too affected by misty sky. I have quite a bit of light polution around me but local council have started switching off streetlights at midnight so need to turn into a night-owl.

Archived