SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Heart of Andromeda

Leveye

Had to adapt and conquer last night as usual. I first tried for comet 2P/Encke but alas it was already into the trees just as it was getting dark enough. I had to switch gears and target quickly before the full moon arose. Andromeda was the logical choice being straight above nice and high and bright. I quickly slewed refocused and started imaging.

Here is 15 lights frames and 25 darks at 300 seconds and ISO 800 with a late 90's USA made C8 and Hutech modded spectrum enhanced 700D. I stacked everything in DSS median method and mosaic results. Just used levels and curves and then edited it in Camera RAW. Really love the warm glow of our closest Galactic neighbor. I was hoping to gather more data tonight but it looks like a bust here so I'm going ahead with the processing and let it fly. Let me know what you think.

Heart of Andromeda 12 lights 25 darks.jpg

10 hours ago, Stu1976j said:

Wow what a splended image one of the closest of the core I have seen for a while, thanks for sharing with us :) 

Thank you for the kind words and taking the time. Much appreciated!

Nice shot of this familiar target. With this image, I would just concentrate on the core and the dust spiraling into it, and leave the outer edges darker. It is easy to try to enhance the outer regions, and blowing out the core.

To give this image a boost, you could try enhancing the contrast a little to get more definition in the dark dust near the core.

1 minute ago, wimvb said:

Nice shot of this familiar target. With this image, I would just concentrate on the core and the dust spiraling into it, and leave the outer edges darker. It is easy to try to enhance the outer regions, and blowing out the core.

To give this image a boost, you could try enhancing the contrast a little to get more definition in the dark dust near the core.

Many thanks for your suggestions. I found that any more contrast and most of the dusty details started getting hidden. I'll give it another go someday after adding more data. Look up!

Archived