Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

97% moon, to compliment all the rest.

Fozzie

Evening all,

Feels like I've not logged on for ages with work and life being manic.. looking back I've missed some great photo's on here too.. I like them all and will catch up with comments and likes so don't worry there!!!

Any way here's a quick 70 frame at ISO100 1/500 with the 200p no less using the 750D..

Not to shabby at all for a first attempt with a big old light bucket in this wind..  I've got some more cooking but that will be tomorrow now..  Similar process through PiPP and RS6 with the black magic in there too and a final sharpen in PP4

00_IMG_0432_quality_100% final.JPG

Night all

Fozzie

Thanks Jules, appreciate that as I usually use the f11 but thought I'd give the 200 ago to see what happened..

I use PiPP to crop and centre the individual frames and I use registax6 to align the frames, I use the wavelets  (blackmagic) here too to sharpen.. final tweek in canon photo pro 4.. 

Sounds a lot of work.. but the 70 frames, on my rubbish pc took about 40 mins..

How you getting on with the 120ed?

Well I initially just followed the instructions on PiPP itself, there are some tutorial type sections if you digging on the Web page..

https://sites.google.com/site/astropipp/example-uasge/example5

I've copied a link...

It's not as bad as it first sounds if you follow it through.. I just keep using the test button to see how the output frames show how the moon is centred.. 

That's how I work it, if we get up north in spring, I'll drop it on my laptop and show you if you can't figure it from the link.

Ta

Steve

One thing I've noticed on the 200p over the f11 is the result frames have a much much higher quality rating and very small range from the 200p.. I expect mostly 99%.. the f11 would give me anywhere from 100 to 50%.. thought that a bit odd.

Oh I get different results nearly every time.. with registax I've been looking at frames this morning and centrally the shots are great but the limb looks to have twisted slightly so need to start again on those..

Did you get pipp to crop and centre?

great shot Fozzie, very nice Detail, yer registax do need a bit of dark magic sometimes, I find that manualy putting aline points and crossing your heart and spiting over my left shoulder while humming the theme  tune to z cars helps :icon_biggrin: "no" the aline point thing works 9/10 times. clear skys ,charl.

On 13/01/2017 at 22:47, Fozzie said:

Evening all,

Feels like I've not logged on for ages with work and life being manic.. looking back I've missed some great photo's on here too.. I like them all and will catch up with comments and likes so don't worry there!!!

Any way here's a quick 70 frame at ISO100 1/500 with the 200p no less using the 750D..

Not to shabby at all for a first attempt with a big old light bucket in this wind..  I've got some more cooking but that will be tomorrow now..  Similar process through PiPP and RS6 with the black magic in there too and a final sharpen in PP4

00_IMG_0432_quality_100% final.JPG

Night all

Fozzie

Outstanding image. Very well balanced! 

Archived