Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC 1848

Petergoodhew

Nice to see this detailed close up of the Soul.

The nebula edges are maybe a bit too much sharpened/enhanced, but that's just my preference.

Why did you get rid of the AZ EQ6? Are you moving your setup abroad?

1 minute ago, wimvb said:

Nice to see this detailed close up of the Soul.

The nebula edges are maybe a bit too much sharpened/enhanced, but that's just my preference.

Why did you get rid of the AZ EQ6? Are you moving your setup abroad?

Thanks Wim.  Yes I think I overdid the sharpening.  Will ease of a bit next time. 

I got fed up with PHD2 guiding problems, guide star lost, calibration issues, platesolving issues, meridian flips failing etc etc. So I've remortgaged the house and bought another 10Micron mount.  I've been amazed at the performance of my 10Micron in Spain so decided I needed another one here at home.  This hobby can be seriously harmful to the wallet.

3 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

Lovely palette. The greens are translucent and draw you in...

Olly

Thanks Olly.  I tend to aim for more subtle colours but got carried away on this one, imagining a tropical turquoise sea floating in the frozen cosmos.

Some tadpoles next to go with it.

Just now, Petergoodhew said:

Thanks Olly.  I tend to aim for more subtle colours but got carried away on this one, imagining a tropical turquoise sea floating in the frozen cosmos.

Some tadpoles next to go with it.

I can imagine tadpoles featuring in your nouvelle cuisine posts, though they are bit large for just one diner...

:evil4:lly

Archived