SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Venus & Neptune Conjunction 2017

orion25

Don't you just love it when planets get together and put on a show? I must admit, it was quite a challenge imaging these two in the same telescopic view at first. I tried my little space cams but Venus was just too bright;"little" Neptune didn't have a chance, lol. So, I decided to first take a wide-field view of the area with my Nikon camera piggybacked to my Mak 127, and then a prime focus shot. Here's the wide-field shot, a single 20s exposure at f/5.6:

large.58793e067a2d3_ASTRONOMY-VENUSNEPTUNE(WIDECAPTION)1-12-17.jpg

and here is the prime focus shot, a quick 5 second exposure to keep Venus from being too bright:

large.58793e58c7360_ASTRONOMY-VENUSNEPTUNE(ZOOMCAPTION)1-12-17.jpg

Enjoy!

Reggie  :icescream:

59 minutes ago, Uplooker said:

Well done Reggie. Those are very good captures. I only got to see Neptune visually a couple of nights ago.

Well done again on great images

Thanks, Ian. I live for moments like this. I missed the Mars/Neptune conjunction on Dec. 31 because of cloud.

3 hours ago, bunnygod1 said:

Nicely done Reggie, I had a quick myself on Friday night.

Thanks, Pete. Mars and Uranus are going to have a close encounter near the end of February; I'm looking forward to that one!

Cheers,

Reggie

Archived