Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello world from Stirling

BigRD

Hi all,

After lurking about these forums for a couple of months I thought it was about time I said hello. Hello from Stirling

I've always felt that one day I'd take a greater interest in astronomy. Spurned on by my son starting Astro Physics at Uni that time has now come. 

With limited funds to start with last Sept I treated myself to a second hand Skyscan 2001 (EQ3-2) mount with a Skywatcher C90 Mak. I felt it was missing something so Santa treated me to a Skywatcher 130PDS - ideal for hooking up my DSLR. I was blown away by the number of objects that I could see and the clarity. I could actually see M42 and Pleiades!  I never thought it possible to take photos like those posted in these forums something I'd like to pursue.  A single 2 sec exposure of M42 brought so much more detail than I thought. My next step is to motorise my mount. I came across the excellent EQMod project and the excellent AstroEQ project by Tom Carpenter. Most parts have now been bought so next step is to put it all together.

Polar alignment at 56 degrees = sore knees and a crick in my neck!

Roy

• 4 weeks later...

Archived