Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Venus & Neptune Conjunction - Jan 12th 2017

ArmyAirForce

Tonight's Venus and Neptune Conjunction. Nikon D3200 DSLR, x2 teleconverter on the Skywatcher 200PDS. 2 second RAW exposure, ISO 3200. Closest approach ( I think ) according to a new feature I found on Stellarium v0.15.1, was at 21:06hrs UTC, when the pair would be below the horizon. I caught them at 17:42hrs when they were a little way above the roof tops. Seeing was terrible yet again, but I'm happy with the capture.

I could just make out Neptune in the finderscope, and got a slightly better view through the camera viewfinder, so I was sure I had the pair both in the field of view.

venus_neptune_conjunction.jpg

Great capture. I managed to bag the pair also using a Nikon D cam. What a contrast, huh? When you can, check out my post in this forum. I took a wide-field and a prime focus shot through my 127mm Mak.  Clear skies, Reggie :icon_biggrin:

Archived