SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

How heavy/awkward is the 150p dob to carry???

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right ok then, I think I have made my final decision!!!!!! ? Drum rollllllllll 

Totally not what I was planning lol, but I think I'm going to get the heritage 100 and my reasoning is even though it is a smaller aperture than previously looking at, I think as long as we can see the moon and other planets that will satisfy my son and when we go camping we can bring this with us, oh and it's red which my son will like ? ? (Flo also have a returned one ? )

I still haven't ruled out the dob or maybe a go to! If I like the heritage and enjoy the astronomy part (has anyone not caught the bug??????) I can save up and get a bigger/better one where I can enjoy even more sights and details, but we still have the heritage for a grab and go! 

Thank you to everyone who has contributed with their advice and expertise. Don't worry I will probably be back soon with more questions!! 

Good decision Sarah - it'll get your son going right away while you save up. Whilst at the same time getting you learning in anticipation of acquiring a better scope in the near future - and the good thing is he'll still have a very useful "size appropriate" instrument once you've got yours. :)

This link shows some good shots of the Moon taken through the 100P        http://www.waloszek.de/im_mond_her_100p_2015_e.php
If your Son can see the Moon as clear as those in the link, I'm sure he'll be happy. The major Planets being further away should be visible, but maybe not be so detailed. Just have an open mind as to what to expect at first light.  
Also note on the 3rd line down there is a page tab, take a look, just click on the word 'page'

Enjoy the new scope

8 minutes ago, Charic said:

This link shows some good shots of the Moon taken through the 100P        http://www.waloszek.de/im_mond_her_100p_2015_e.php
Also note on the 3rd line down there is a page tab, take a look, just click on the word 'page'

Enjoy the new scope

Thanks for the link, we would be happy at this stage to see the moon with that detail!!! ? And clicking on "page" was a very good comparison table.

4 minutes ago, alanjgreen said:

Nice one Sarah :)

Looks like you missed out on the returned one, NE1976 bagged that one late last night :( Still, maybe his speedy manoeuvre helped to spur you on.

Alan

Thought it had gone and was wondering if he got it lol, oh well it was "only" £9.50 cheaper lol

Good to see you've made a decision, I'm sure you will be happy with your choice. The first view of the moon through your very own scope will knock your socks off.

Just a point, please let your son have a look :icon_biggrin:

Good luck and enjoy.

Archived