Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

physicus

M1 Crab Nebula Ha/SII/OIII/Lum

Not posted for a bit, but I did recently capture some half way respectable OIII data for the Crab, which I've here combined with some Ha/S/Lum data from last year - some of it reprocessed.   This is with the C9.25 with reducer and Atik 460, which I think gives a nice image scale for this object if you want to see the pulsar properly and a bit of structure (but don't bother at this scale without an off-axis-guider).   Colourful Ha(red)/S(green)/O(blue) palette :-).  (About 12 hours all in)

Tim

M1_procMk2PS.jpg

Edited by physicus
Added extra info
  • Like 14

Nice structure in there.

Unfortunately it's just a bit on the small side for my 130 Triplet, though I have tried.

Very nice indeed, gorgeous colours.

I have imaged this briefly before with my ED100 but i am going to attempt the impossible this year and try it with my newly acquired skymax 180 at prime focus.

• Like 1

On 12/01/2017 at 15:05, DaveS said:

Nice structure in there.

Unfortunately it's just a bit on the small side for my 130 Triplet, though I have tried.

It's quite a special object at any focal length.  I've tried with my Esprit 100, but the SCT is about right if the seeing plays nice.  This image is very much seeing limited; those central stars would sharpen up in the right conditions.

I missed this one.  You are right - the image scale is spot on, and you've got the pulsar nicely.  That's very good detail, Tim, I like the colours, and even the stars are not too bad...especially for a C9.25....

Chris

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By AstroRuz
      As new condition ultra narrowband 1.25" Baader filter. 3.5nm bandpass for nice small stars.
      Bought and loved it, but using a DSLR again and have no use for this filter.
      £140, can post.

• By AstroRuz
      Selling my full narrowband set up for multiple reasons: I could do with the money and mono just isn't really doing it for me.
      £1000
      Includes:
      Altair Astro 183m Tec
      Baader Narrowband filters (Ha, OIII, SII and Clear)
      ZWO Electronic Mini Filter Wheel
      All associated cables/plugs
      T2 extensions to reach 55mm back focus for use with reducers
      Boxes and cases
      There is a scratch on the T2-T2 adaptor for the filter wheel and a couple of the labels on the filter boxes have been torn. But otherwise the important parts work perfectly well.
      Collection or postage via DPD.
      Buyer to pay postage and PayPal fees.
      No offers currently accepted, and I would rather not split

• By widotje
      Hifolks,
      Here's my take on IC1396, let me know what you think.
      In total 7.5 hours exposure time using narrowband Ha, Sii, Oiii.
      Post processing in photoshop and lightroom.

Thanks for watching, clear skies!

• By Gib007
      THIS ITEM HAS NOW BEEN SOLD.
      This listing is for my personal narrowband filters (Kayron from Light Vortex Astronomy). They are the Astrodon Hydrogen-Alpha (HA), Oxygen-III (OIII) and Sulphur-II (SII) 3nm 1.25" narrowband set. These are considered the highest-end narrowband filters money can buy, able to produce images of exceptional quality and incredible sharpness, cutting through a vast amount of light pollution. The 3nm variants featured here are fantastic for pulling out fine nebulous structures clearly above background. For more information, please see Astrodon's website:
      https://astrodon.com/products/astrodon-narrowband-filters/
      Please note that these three filters together currently retail at just over £1,710 from UK suppliers, €2,180 from European suppliers or $1,690 from US suppliers. Payment is preferred via bank transfer but PayPal is OK with an extra 2.9% to cover PayPal fees. I'll cover postage to you via tracked Courier. 
      I welcome any questions you may have regarding this listing. Thank you for looking. 

• By alexbb
      The bubble nebula. Not much to add about the target itself as it is already popular enough.
      A combination of HOO shot with the ASI1600MMC + Astronomik narrowband filters through the 200mm newtonian tube removed from the dobson base and put on the EQ6-R.
      About 6h of exposure through the Oxygen filter and about 9h through the Hydrogen filter.
      Clicking on the pictures will redirect to the astrobin images where you can watch them in full resolution.
      Crop close-up

And widefield

Thanks for watching and clear skies to you too!
      Alex

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.