Narrowband

M1 Crab Nebula Ha/SII/OIII/Lum

physicus

Not posted for a bit, but I did recently capture some half way respectable OIII data for the Crab, which I've here combined with some Ha/S/Lum data from last year - some of it reprocessed.   This is with the C9.25 with reducer and Atik 460, which I think gives a nice image scale for this object if you want to see the pulsar properly and a bit of structure (but don't bother at this scale without an off-axis-guider).   Colourful Ha(red)/S(green)/O(blue) palette :-).  (About 12 hours all in)

Tim

M1_procMk2PS.jpg

On 12/01/2017 at 15:05, DaveS said:

Nice structure in there.

Unfortunately it's just a bit on the small side for my 130 Triplet, though I have tried.

It's quite a special object at any focal length.  I've tried with my Esprit 100, but the SCT is about right if the seeing plays nice.  This image is very much seeing limited; those central stars would sharpen up in the right conditions.

I missed this one.  You are right - the image scale is spot on, and you've got the pulsar nicely.  That's very good detail, Tim, I like the colours, and even the stars are not too bad...especially for a C9.25....

Chris

Archived