Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M33 - 11-08-08 - 130mm APO + 350D

jcm

Finally managed to get an image. This was taken under murky conditions but at least it was clear long enough to get 1 hours worth of exposure. The strong wind made guiding a bit tricky but the 130mm is not too effected because of its relatively narrow tube. Hope for a better attempt when M33 gets a bit higher in the sky.

12 X 5mins , 130mm APO working at F4.8 , Canon 350 at 800 iso.

John

post-13061-133877344772_thumb.jpg

Excellent!! I tried this the other night and got next to nothing, so I know its a hard target at the moment, you have done exceptionally well I think to get that much on it through the murkiness!

Cheers

TJ

Excellent!! I tried this the other night and got next to nothing, so I know its a hard target at the moment, you have done exceptionally well I think to get that much on it through the murkiness!

Cheers

TJ

Sometimes a bit of murk can produce a reasonably steady image , which seems to have been the case. I do think with more altitude and a clear night the scope will deliver more detail.

John

yeh, cant wait to get a decent shot at this one, I have mistakenly always thought that M33 was the galaxy in the background of M31. At present from my location it is low in the LP and glow from Coventry airport. I live on the hill top and the murk from the town centre is visible in the LP at night. Do you get good views to the east?

Are you going to Kelling John? We should get some nice views there given a clear night or two.......

TJ

Very nice, good colours, focus and detail! I like the presentation in the wide FOV. I'd like to try doing it again this Autumn if I get a chance (not done it for 3 years), but I wouldn't be able to get that FOV.

good image, more great stuff from the TMB130

what flattener/reducer are you using, as the dedicated flattener is very expensive...and doesnt reduce. What size field will it correct on the 130, do you know?

Best Wishes

Paul

Its a Televue 0.8X focal reducer/flattener. It has a T-thread top so cameras ( 350D) can be attached close to the lens. Its pretty much flat over the whole of the 350d's sensor. The above image has not been cropped. Working at F4.8 gives a field of view of about 122 X 81 arc mins. Have to log off now - computer problems - charger won't charge the computer.

John

Archived