Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC5070 'The Pelican'

centroid

I don't normally image in mono or bin come to that, but as the weather satellite showed cloud moving in from the West later, I thought I'd grab what I could, while I could.

Attached the f/6.3 FR and H9C (binned at 2x2) to the ED80, and had a go at the Pelican. The ED80 was guided by the 12" LX.

Even with the FR in place, I still couldn't 'frame' the whole nebula, but managed to get most it.

So, here's the result of 12x300 sec subs.

Dave

post-13389-133877344765_thumb.gif

slight star bloat , not sure how that come about,any ideas ??. and the field of view is nice , the ed 80 with the reducer gets most of it in Dave .

Rog :lol:

The star bloat is probably my doing Rog, as the processing was very much a rushed job, due to being 'nagged' to hurry up, as ''someone' was waiting to go into town. :hello2:

It almost certainly occurred when I separated a 'star layer', and messed up the processing sequence, before re-combining it with the original image. I'll tell her that you complained, and that is was her fault. :clouds1:

Yep, the ED80 + FR does give a reasonable FOV, but the Megrez 88 will have a usefully bigger FOV. Looking forward to trying that, and 'posting' my findings. Hopefully, my concerns re it's CA, will be unfounded, and the scope won't be going back to Steve. :lol:

Dave

Archived