Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NEQ6 spacer placement

coenie777

I have taken my mount apart twice now. The first time round I made a sketch of the placement of the spacer rings on the shaft (their order). I unfortunately lost this sketch.

When I took the mount apart for the second time I for some reason (arrogance?) did not make the best notes of the order of the spacer rings.

I now sit with a situation where I am not sure if I am placing the rings back in the correct order. Can someone perhaps tell me if there is a specific order that all these mounts' spacers follow or is it different for each mount? I have the mount that required three spacers in total. I am 100% sure that the first ring goes down the shaft first before the lower bearing. What I need some guidance on are the two red spacers on the sketch below. Should they go on top of each other or maybe one between the two bearings and the other on top of the last bearing?

I am also pretty sure that I have the correct one in the first position on the bottom (they are not all the same thickness). The mount comes together without any major gaps evident but I am wondering if my bad RA tracking is maybe due to the incorrect insertion order of the two red spacers.

tt_zpsl5ayc2ni.jpg

Honestly couldn’t say - attached a pic of an Atlas Orion EG6 RA Axis exploded - same mount, but wherever I got it from (can’t recall offhand, but it’s not mine) he also didn’t appear to document the order of them, and just plonked them either side.

However, that said, I can’t see it having any major significant impact on guiding having those 2 red ones together, or either side of either the upper or lower of the top two bearings (altho I could be wrong *shrug*)

EDIT: Source of picture - http://barryetter.zenfolio.com/p1018644768

RAAxis.JPG

Archived