SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

New Astro website selling bits + bobs

JemC

I would like to make it quite clear that I have no connection with this web site, or it's backer(s), whatsoever.

I traded 15-20 years ago under the name Astrobits and have kept that name as a personal moniker ever since.

I consider that using a 'z' instead of 's' in the name is "passing off" in an attempt to trade on my reputation.

Nigel

1 - "The registrant is a non-trading individual” (WHOIS) - if not a registered sole trader, Sale of Goods Act is not applied to protect you.

2 - looks like designed in the 90s (hit counters & badges... REALLY?!)

3 - no landline number or snail address

4 - his own returns policy is directly in breach of the Distance Selling Regulations. You can return goods for any reason you like within 7 days. End of story. Law.

Never like any site that I cannot find a name or a location displayed on/in it.

Seems from the Whois data that they are in Ireland and that means the offer to collect from them is for the vast majority of potential customers somewhat pointless - maybe incorrect but I assume that the majority are in sort of mainland UK for want of a better description.

I just bought a book off them..... Cheaper than I saw on Amazon. It arrived in a timely manner, was well packed and as described. The seller was pleasant in his emails and I was kept up to date with regards the order.

If I see things I want at the right price then I will buy again :)

3 hours ago, Astrobits said:

I consider that using a 'z' instead of 's' in the name is "passing off" in an attempt to trade on my reputation.

Nigel

The abuse of English is enough to prevent me buying. The fact that, in my opinion, the site looked as if it had been put together by a chimpanzee does nothing to inspire confidence (when viewed on my smart phone).

I'm glad that Sarah's book arrived safe and sound. We'll see how things develop. Currently, there doesn't seem much chance of people confusing this entrepreneur with Nigel's established enterprise.

Re. Pricing - isn't the whole point of retail to buy it, mark it up, sell it on??? If prices are considered too high. Folks don't buy.

Paul

On 13/01/2017 at 15:11, Astrobits said:

Nigel

It's a very small community, and mud sticks. The person responsible for the website is  busy promoting it under the pretense of having 'found' it on some of the other forums. 

Reputations are indeed important, and "AstroOlly" has certainly earned one amongst some members here............. :dontknow:

Archived