Narrowband

Hunting Vesta

Davey-T

3 minutes ago, MoonNut said:

I found Ceres on the night of the 6th, my first Minor Planet.

Vesta is next on my list!

Keep meaning to find Ceres but it takes me so long to find Vesta using the SW Star Adventurer I never get round to it :grin:

Dave

31 minutes ago, MoonNut said:

I have Stellarium on my obsy PC  star hopped to find it, it was actually quite easy.

Had to redo as the above post has gone cranky, won't let me edit it.

I have to star hop using DSLR on the SW Star Adventurer, snapping around and compare to Stellarium to find it, the star mag's on the camera LCD  never match Stellarium very well but at least the picture is the right way up an round.

Easier to find it using proper scope and finder.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Glad you've got another record Dave, I was hoping to have a hunt for it in the scope the other night but ran out of time and now it's cloudy again (probably for a whole week or more, I must be made to pay for 3 good days of practical astronomy no doubt) 

4 minutes ago, johnfosteruk said:

Glad you've got another record Dave, I was hoping to have a hunt for it in the scope the other night but ran out of time and now it's cloudy again (probably for a whole week or more, I must be made to pay for 3 good days of practical astronomy no doubt) 

Quite easy to find ATM just below Pollux.

I've got a few shots of it when skies allowed since early December, will try to string them together in a GIF when I get time.

Dave

Archived