SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Probably the best cases on the market?..

Aikidoamigo

Are Peli the best cases on the market?

i certainly think so; finally got ours sorted and the foam plucked to shape to hold our Skywatcher 127 /  goto mount / tripod and  Ep's all in one airtight, wheelable suitcase.

OK so it cost almost as much as the gear but it has a lifetime no quibble guarentee and should outlast me!

;-)

image.jpg

They are supurb, I just bought a much cheaper case for my eyepieces but then I have also cut a hole in the side for a power cable and I certainly wouldn't want to do that with such an expensive case.

We travel for weeks on end in our Motorhome so wanted a box that wouldn't allow sand / dust in and could withstand a lot of hammer and take weight on top without being crushed. It was important to me to get EVERTHING in one box, only seperate item now is the power pack.

I've been looking for a possible container for my telescope tube, I know that it isn't what your picture is of, but seeing that image has made me think that a cheap fabric suitcase and some foam blocks could provide a cheaper solution than other things I have thought of so thanks for posting that.  I hope you enjoy your slightly more professional version it certainly looks the business!

Have a look on the peli website; the foam you see in the image can be bought on its own... So you could buy enough foam layers to fit your bag and the you 'pluck out' the rebate to take your scope.

With one base layer plucked out to suit and then another solid layer on top will give a lot of protection. I think the foam is about £40.

i then sprayed over ours with Plasti-dip to hold the cells together but that's not 100% necessary.

48 minutes ago, Knighty2112 said:

I bought a smaller one for non Astro gear years ago. Certainly never had any issues with it. Never tested how wterproof it was by throwing it in any water or anything, but looks like it could hold out quite a bit of water none the less.

Having thrown one in the sea before I can vouch that they are pretty good at keeping water out :)

Archived