Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Which DSLR?

gonzostar

The 6D need to buy a lotto ticket. :) I cant grumble with the 450d it has done me well. I have had it for 2 years now and its at nearly 10k shutter counts. How ever its second hand and  i am wary of it after the manual dial dropped off in December! Fixed but not sure for how long. 

Was also thinking of using the orion autoguider as a lunar/ planetry camera? Not sure if this is possible?

Cheers

Dean

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Adam J said:

The 550D, 600D, 650D and 700D all have exactly the same sensor in so far as I am aware. Its possible that they may have different image processors.

The photos above were produce on the premise that the sensors where the same. the 600D and 700D are stated to use the DIGIC V image processor, however, there may be variations within that model range.

That allowed comparison of the modded to an un-modded Canon.

24 minutes ago, iapa said:

The photos above were produce on the premise that the sensors where the same. the 600D and 700D are stated to use the DIGIC V image processor, however, there may be variations within that model range.

That allowed comparison of the modded to an un-modded Canon.

Yes I have seen results that indicate that there is a noticeable variation from sensor to sensor irrespective of it being a newer or older model. I am an avid modder of DLSR and have owned several 1000D's and several 550D's and they do give slightly different results between cameras of the same model especially when you look at the number of hot pixels and the appearance of the bias frame noise. Its just manufacturing tolerance. 

• 6 months later...
14 hours ago, gonzostar said:

Just spotted a 6d second hand for £849 less then 10k shutter life. Should i be tempted to use woith the APO 102mm ES refractor? Or try and save for a mono camera with filter wheels etc?

Would you be tempted?

Cheers Dean

I'd be tempted but if my goal was a mono ccd/ cmos camera then I'd ignore it and keep saving and keep my eye out on the 2nd hand market. 

If you did go for it you might run into the problem of your scope not filling the large sensor and having to crop out the edges. Which would then be pointless having a full frame sensor.

Cheers for that. I hadnt thought the 6d wouldnt be compatible with my set up. Looks like either a 600D/700D or trying to save more! :) Such a financial commitment dont want to make mistake.  Still using the 450D but would like less noise! and better QE?

On 04/04/2017 at 23:01, Adam J said:

or if you want to try Nikon the D5100 is actually very good once you switch to the aftermarket firmware.

What firmware are we talking about ? I have a 5300 which I believe is the same sensor ?

Archived