Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Affinity for Moon and Sun

My absolute favorite things to observe are the Moon with a Meade filter and the Sun with a solar filter. They're just so awe-inspiringly beautiful up close! What are other people's' observation affinities?

I am always like a child in a sweet shop or toy store, there are sooooo many beautiful objects in the night sky that I could never chose a favourite, and of course depends on the time of year. so long as I am out there and looking or photographing something I'm happy :) 

I have recently purchased a solar filter I just have to wait until I get some time away from work now to set up and have a look at the sun.

I'm with Stu on this - so many wonderful things to tantalize the mind & eyes!

I can't be asked to pick & choose a 'favorite' as my 'favorite' changes day by night by week by.....Etc. For the same reasons I don't have a favorite colour. They all end-up woven in tapestries of time & space.

"Gold and Rose were the colours of the dream I had..." --- Jimi Hendrix

Dave

Munsell_1929_color_solid.png

New to this lark and still waiting for my main armament to arrive but, ever since I was a kid, close up views of the Moon have fascinated me.

Additionally, after going to Hawaii on my honeymoon, the trip to Mauna Kea observatory included a stop at the shop/ visitor centre which had 2 solar scopes set up outside. Seeing sunspots in the flesh was something that got me wanting to include a solar filter in my kit. One day...........

I don't think I have a favourite viewing target. I'm usually drawn to whatever is well placed and / or where something interesting is happening :smiley:

There are some outstanding things to see but these highlights tend to span the categories of target types for me, ie: solar, lunar, steller, deep sky, planetary etc, etc. There is stuff within all of those that are "must sees" :smiley:

Archived