Narrowband

cloudy weather diary log

nightfisher

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Little update on my weather situation now we're into a new month. 

The lesson is that there's days that had rain and cloud in 'em where I could have not bothered, but I did. Albeit quick grab n go/binocular/smash n grab imaging sessions. It's all worthwhile stuff though.

near enough 50/50 aint bad at all and I've taken most of those opportunities. Quite happy with that, although the Feb chart does look a bit grim :)

Screen Shot 2017-02-11 at 14.38.44.png

2 hours ago, astro mick said:

On the Yorkshire East Coast,the only thing hanging from my scopes are spider webs.Its been absolutely dire here.

T' other side of Yorkshire, snow, low cloud, 0 degrees, visibility down to about 50 yards and quite a few spiders here too.

2 hours ago, nightfisher said:

what a poor start to the year so far, had a scope out twice so far once with ED120 and once with 102 Maksutov

Yes,  its pretty frustrating. I've barely been able to give the ED100 anything like a proper outing, and not even had a chance to wince between the clouds with the binos. Cloud, mist, fog, rain, sleet, occasional brightness - what is that orange glow in the sky? Its occurred to me that some people who live at lower altitudes  when I say "cloud" they will think in terms of clouds up there passing over. For some of us on some days, cloud means being in the cloud. Very occasionally, (usually early winter mornings) the skies are clear blue above, but we are gazing down onto the cloud that lies in the valley bottom, very nice, but with time the cloud rises and once again we are in it!  Oh well, patience, patience.

Psssttt............. Just a whisper.........................'cos I don't want the weather to hear..........................I've just taken the telescope outside to cool down!!!  Clear skies doesn't agree, but I reckon it's set clear at the moment!!

Archived