SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Pulled the trigger: going to the 2017 eclipse!

Just booked the flights for the whole family, and fixed the car rental for a trip to the USA, as my wife would have just to meet up with old friends, but as I keep insisting because of the eclipse on August 21. We will first be visiting friends in Indiana, and after that going to Colorado for two weeks. A very good friend lives in Longmont, just north of Denver, and a 2.5 hour drive from Orin, Wyoming which is slap bang in the middle of the eclipse path.

Excited? Me? :blob9:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enjoy the trip Michael. I was fortunate to be able to chat with Dr Kate Russo last October who is advising many US States on the arrangements for the Eclipse in their area. Kate advised me about the population move on the day and that the Freeways may become blocked. I will build that into your 2.5 hour drive to make sure you have enough time to set everything up.

I look forward to seeing great photos on your return.

1 minute ago, Mark at Beaufort said:

Enjoy the trip Michael. I was fortunate to be able to chat with Dr Kate Russo last October who is advising many US States on the arrangements for the Eclipse in their area. Kate advised me about the population move on the day and that the Freeways may become blocked. I will build that into your 2.5 hour drive to make sure you have enough time to set everything up.

I look forward to seeing great photos on your return.

Will certainly factor in the extra travel time! Cheers.

33 minutes ago, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

Just booked the flights for the whole family, and fixed the car rental for a trip to the USA, as my wife would have just to meet up with old friends, but as I keep insisting because of the eclipse on August 21. We will first be visiting friends in Indiana, and after that going to Colorado for two weeks. A very good friend lives in Longmont, just north of Denver, and a 2.5 hour drive from Orin, Wyoming which is slap bang in the middle of the eclipse path.

Excited? Me? :blob9:

Yawn.

Sounds terrible.

I could consider doing you a kindness and taking upper place, just send me the tickers and car booking details to save you having to put up with this.

Yup, congratulations. If you like that sort of thing.... :wink:

I'd had that one on my list of possibles until I started working shifts now it's not possible :(

Looking forward to your trip report. Won't be long now! :)

I sold a load of camera gear recently to put towards a trip this year for the eclipse. Going to Idaho, so will look around Yellowstone and then travel down to Grand Canyon, Bryce etc. Hopefully it will be clear, but if not it's still a holiday that I would have booked anyway.

Archived