SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Andrea Bonetti

Hello from Sweden!
I am the owner of a Reflector Skywatcher 130, 900 mm, EM.

It took some time to go to this decision. It is my first telescope (well the second.. the first one I have had some 35 years ago..).
Especially the EM decision was hard to take, but now I think I understood I did it right. It opens for easy tracking.

I am a bit disappointed: the day I got it there was no moon :-(... Mars is very far away now from us... Jupiter I need to wake up at 5 in the morning, Saturn... needs to wait some months I guess... All problems that get solved ny themselves with the time passing.. nice problems!

I have a lot of doubts and questions but I will post them in the correct places.

I hope somebody else is from Sweden?

Happy 2017!

Välkommen, quite a few from Sweden on here.

You can see the moon in the evenings now, Venus is up in the evenings as well and looks a lot like the moon at the moment but a lot smaller.

A couple of good targets would be M45 the Pleiades (Plejaderna) and M42 the Orion Nebula.

You will also be able to see M31 the Andromeda galaxy quite well in your scope although this is a little harder to find.  Get some software to help such as the free Stellarium or Cartes du Ciel.  If you have a mobile device Sky Safari is great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived