Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celstron Luminos Question

I have no idea how this is possible, as I don't take my eyepieces with me anywhere other than outside, but I managed to "misplace" my 10mm eyepiece, which came with the telescope.  This may be a blessing in disguise since I can now upgrade it to a higher quality one.  That being said....

I'm taking suggestions for quality, but reasonably priced replacements.

Also, I'm curious about this "Luminos" series I see form Celestron.  Any thoughts/ideas about them?  Are they overpriced, or worth it?  If they're worth it, why?

Thank You,

Jon

Edge of Field Brightening - EFoB. It seems to particularly affect the Luminos range to an extent greater than in other ultra wide field designs.

I think I would look at an Explore Scientific 82 mm as an alternative, either the 8.8mm or the 11mm.

The difference between the above and the "stock" 10mm that you have lost will be significant. If you don't want to invest that much there are alternatives but I don't feel that the Luminos is one that would be high on the list.

Archived